PDA

View Full Version : Training around an injury

ryuage
04-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Shoulder injury that is...

so for me that equates to no benching, no OH pressing, no pullups.... , basically no OH anything. I wanted to get some sort of EOD type routine going and was working with some kind of variation of 5x5 ... 3x5 ... something by 5 whatever. Guess this is a good time to work on my squat and deadlift since they both will have my undivided attention. Just looking for some suggestions... I guess some sort of full body type deal centered around bb rows, back/front squats, deadlifts, ghr's and what not. Looking for tips as far as loading parameters??

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
04-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Shoulder injury that is...

so for me that equates to no benching, no OH pressing, no pullups.... , basically no OH anything. I wanted to get some sort of EOD type routine going and was working with some kind of variation of 5x5 ... 3x5 ... something by 5 whatever. Guess this is a good time to work on my squat and deadlift since they both will have my undivided attention. Just looking for some suggestions... I guess some sort of full body type deal centered around bb rows, back/front squats, deadlifts, ghr's and what not. Looking for tips as far as loading parameters??

Did you go see a sports doctor for the shoulder injury?

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
http://www.criticalbench.com/JT-Hall-Big-Willie.htm
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

thewicked
04-11-2008, 04:30 PM
that was going to be my first question...

PriestCometh
04-15-2008, 01:25 PM
injuries suck. myself, i have been injured over a year(hairline fracture radius).
it wont get better until you take time off and do what a doc suggests. i need to follow that advice. i know it is hard staying away from the gym.

jtteg_x
04-15-2008, 04:04 PM
i would see a doctor before you lift anything. deadlift: your shoulders act as a supporting muscle group holding the weight. squat: weight is held on your hands pushing downward into your shoulders too.