PDA

View Full Version : Poor mans diet part 2

RinkerxX
04-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Now I got some good input from the first one I made, I wanted to ask Im on a cut prob for a while. Should I still eat all the foods with high calories and carbs? like brown rice and such? Im trying to lose about 30 lbs of FAT. I have been lifting but not really dieting that well. Im 220 atm, and looking to get to 180 ish

frank
04-07-2008, 07:32 AM
1 gallon of milk a day is 4$ tops which adds around 2k calories. Non fat for cutting and whole if your on a bulk. Use egg beaters or egg whites instead of normal eggs. Im not so sure about the main meals but dont eat as many carbs.

RinkerxX
04-08-2008, 01:46 PM
1 gallon of milk a day is 4$ tops which adds around 2k calories. Non fat for cutting and whole if your on a bulk. Use egg beaters or egg whites instead of normal eggs. Im not so sure about the main meals but dont eat as many carbs.

That's what i was wondering, If i should watch my carbs and how many i should eat a day? I wasn't really sure

Technical Itch
04-08-2008, 02:30 PM
imo, don't drink milk for bulking or cutting, whole foods do the trick.

"Dairy products are a health hazard. They contain no fiber or complex carbohydrates and are laden with saturated fat and cholesterol. They are contaminated with cow's blood and pus and are frequently contaminated with pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics. Dairy products are linked to allergies, constipation, obesity, heart disease, cancer, and other diseases."

http://www.milksucks.com/index2.asp

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but when you break it down, milk is for calves as human milk is for babies. Yes it has lots of calories, but you can get them elsewhere. I havn't drank milk in years, gaining mass fine, no broken bones. Just my 2cents, take it or leave it :]

Bergs
04-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but when you break it down, milk is for calves as human milk is for babies.
I say that all the time! Most people look at me like I'm an idiot though... Either way, that site makes me feel pretty awful about drinking milk.

Then again, the alternatives they suggest (soy, tofu...) - I don't want that in my diet either.

Technical Itch
04-08-2008, 02:52 PM
You can get calcium from veggies like kale, and calories from almost anything.

frank
04-08-2008, 07:04 PM
non fat milk has no fat/cholesterol and 8g protein per serving

bjohnso
04-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Now I got some good input from the first one I made, I wanted to ask Im on a cut prob for a while. Should I still eat all the foods with high calories and carbs? like brown rice and such? Im trying to lose about 30 lbs of FAT. I have been lifting but not really dieting that well. Im 220 atm, and looking to get to 180 ish

Carbs are an easy way to eliminate calories, although you still need them to some degree (IMO). Keep your protein and fats high. Obviously you need to eat under maintanance calories and keep lifting heavy if you want to lose fat.

If you want to lose muscle, do what the other posters in this thread have recommended.

BBB
04-08-2008, 07:10 PM
imo, don't drink milk for bulking or cutting, whole foods do the trick.

"Dairy products are a health hazard. They contain no fiber or complex carbohydrates and are laden with saturated fat and cholesterol. They are contaminated with cow's blood and pus and are frequently contaminated with pesticides, hormones, and antibiotics. Dairy products are linked to allergies, constipation, obesity, heart disease, cancer, and other diseases."

http://www.milksucks.com/index2.asp

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but when you break it down, milk is for calves as human milk is for babies. Yes it has lots of calories, but you can get them elsewhere. I havn't drank milk in years, gaining mass fine, no broken bones. Just my 2cents, take it or leave it :]

How is milk not a whole food?

And since when was saturated fat or dietary cholesterol bad for you?

Calcium is absorbed from dairy product better than almost any other source. Buy organic if you are that worried about the hormones.

The fat in whole milk is good for you.

Milk sucks? That site sucks.