PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my squat form

Hillbilly
04-08-2008, 06:33 AM
I'm sure this has been covered on here before, and I apologize for asking ya'll to go over it again. My problem is I lean too far forward (pancake) when I squat. It is causing issues with my squat depth. I try to keep a good arch and sit back while I am squatting, but I still pancake. My squat ends up more combination of a squat and a goodmorning. Can anyone offer any adivce on how to fix this? Thanks!

drew
04-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Work your abs and lower back heavy. Get the bar lower on your back if you're not already doing so. Really try to force your chest up and bring your elbows forward.

If possible, post a video so we can see what's going on.

Lones Green
04-08-2008, 08:09 AM
what drew said!

leaning forward is a very common problem, i tend to lean forward to hit depth, but it really just makes my ass shoot up.

keep your head back, chest out, lock your lats in, and box squat until you get it right.

Hillbilly
04-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the replies. I box squat every Friday for my DE Squat day. Would it help to work ME Squat to the box also? I position the bar low on my back, but maybe I am not forcing my elbows forward enough. I have been working the hell out of my lower back and abs. I know I have a weak link somewhere. I just can't figure out where it is. Thanks for your help.

Sensei
04-08-2008, 08:40 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=100067

bigmoney
04-08-2008, 11:50 AM
find a group of lifters who can help you

Big_Byrd52
04-08-2008, 01:03 PM
try squattin in heals like oly shoes or boots to help het ur hips under u better. could be a hip flexability issue also. goggins was the first to squat 1100 and he laid his chest on his thighs!