PDA

View Full Version : Complicated Questions on Fats/Carbs

Aslin
04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Yo guys

my cut has been going well

I've come up with a few questions that will help me make a better diet.

1. I was just reading about GI foods, and i'm a little confused as to wether the GI index is just an index of Complex carbs and simple carbs graded as such or is it something else?

I try to generally eat complex carbs throughout the day (my job is too exhaustive to carb-cycle) and pre-workout. Then something simple afterwards like gummi sweets.

2. I've been looking at my FAT intake and i'm taking 10 1000mg fish oil capsules. does that count a 10g of PUFA fat or something else?

Cheers.

BFGUITAR
04-08-2008, 11:52 AM
1) High GI foods spike insulin, lower GI foods wont as much. Complex carbs will generally be found on the lower end.

2) There are 1000mg in a gram.

Aslin
04-08-2008, 12:00 PM
hey, so the GI index is another way of defineing complex and simple carbs. Right.

I take 10 of those capsules so that counts as 10g of fat, but is it all polyunsaturated fat?

I was looking at Whole milk to up my saturated fat, but the nutrition info says there's only 5.6g of saturated fat from the 9g of total fat per serving, where does the rest go? does milk also contain small amounts of Mono and/or PUFAS?

thanks.