PDA

View Full Version : Real quick stupid question about going for a cut look

Total_Package
04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Im at 180 right now but am still planning to go at atleats 190 or 200lbs. Going for the bulk look

Once I reach my goal, I want to go for a cut look. What should my diet not consist of?
No more protiens, carbs and calories? Just eat healthy vegtables?
I know by going to the cut look I will loose weight but I want to get a little bigger and then be cut

Stray
04-08-2008, 02:47 PM
caloric deficit = LOSE weight

deeder
04-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Im at 180 right now but am still planning to go at atleats 190 or 200lbs. Going for the bulk look

Once I reach my goal, I want to go for a cut look. What should my diet not consist of?
No more protiens, carbs and calories? Just eat healthy vegtables?
I know by going to the cut look I will loose weight but I want to get a little bigger and then be cut

No No No.

At least 1-1.5grams of protein per pound of lean bodymass (you'll have to estimate your bodyfat) and at least 0.5-0.75grams of healthy fats per pound of lean bodymass. Carbs don't matter. As many as you can fit in while still being under your maintenance calories.

Maintenance calories is whatever you need to maintain your current weight. You want to be 10 percent under that to start with. If after 2-3 weeks you're not losing weight then drop another 100-200 calories...

Aslin
04-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Carbs not mattering is bad advice.

you should shoot for 2g of protein per lb of LBM and .5g fat per lb.

the rest of your calories should come from starchy carbs to keep you energised and feeling good... if you ever need to cut back on cals, cut back with carbs.

Total_Package
04-09-2008, 06:06 PM
So if I want to keep my muscle and go for the cut look, I should cut back on my carbs and calories but not my protiens?

cphafner
04-09-2008, 06:42 PM
same things are your bulk, just less.

Aslin
04-10-2008, 11:49 AM
So if I want to keep my muscle and go for the cut look, I should cut back on my carbs and calories but not my protiens?

yeah friend, just make sure ya getting the fat and protein per 0.5/1lb of LBM

cut say 300 cals per day for a week or two by reducing your carbs and see what happens.

read http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=270

its all about carbs.