PDA

View Full Version : pull throughs

ryuage
04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Was wondering what the proper technique for pull throughs were... as in keeping legs straight vs bending a little bit. Also speed and resistance of the move? I will be utilizing bands to carry them out.

Keith
04-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I did these for the first time last night. Felt great using mini bands.

In terms of form, I've seen both slightly bent and stiff and bending a lot as well - almost like a squat. Look them up on youtube and make your own judgement. I don't think it matters too much. From what I've seen from most, keep them stiff like a SLDL.

WillKuenzel
04-09-2008, 01:36 PM
It can vary depending on why you're using them. Tailor them to fit what you need to work on.

Detard
04-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I find when I do them with stiff legs it hits my hamstrings alot harder, and when I do it with more of a squat form it hits my glutes and low back.

jtteg_x
04-09-2008, 01:47 PM
i do them with a triceps rope. i go slighty wide stance and knees lightly bent. as if my foot placement on the deadlift.

Addison K.
04-09-2008, 02:13 PM
I find when I do them with stiff legs it hits my hamstrings alot harder, and when I do it with more of a squat form it hits my glutes and low back.

I've found the same to be true.

IHN,

Addison K.

Sensei
04-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't think it matters so much how great your knee flexion is. As long as you are getting plenty of hip flexion & extension, your posterior chain is going to be crying.

thewicked
04-09-2008, 08:14 PM
i do them with a triceps rope. i go slighty wide stance and knees lightly bent. as if my foot placement on the deadlift.

just like that and love them! REALLY helps develop your hip power.