PDA

View Full Version : new routine

mr.strong
04-10-2008, 01:22 PM
am new to powerlifting and have just put my best routine together. i am not isolating i dont no if this is right or wrong but its the way i like to train. i am 17years old i am 95kg and here are my 1 rep max stats- bench 110kg, squat 160kg, deadlift 190kg i hope that helps. i am just looking for help and would like to know if i'm heading in the right direction.

MONDAY:
bench press
squat
tbar row
shrug
static hold
curl

TUESDAY:
military press
pull up
strate leg deadlift
calf raise
tricep press

THURSDAY:
deadlift
incline dembell press
jerk
chin up
dip

FRIDAY:
leg press
dumbell row
close grip bench press
power clean
abs

Travis Bell
04-10-2008, 02:03 PM
That looks to me at least like its still a little stuck in bodybuilding

What I would recommend is

Monday - DE squat (this means dynamic effort or speed squat)
Wednsday (or Tuesday) - ME Bench (max effort bench - heavy bench)
Friday - (or Thursday) - ME Squat
Sunday - or saturday - DE Bench

On your ME Bench days you'll want to do your ascessory work for upper back, lats and triceps and rear delts

On your ME Squat days you want to do your ascessory work for lower back, hams and quads

I'd also recommend you scrap the oly lifts. Not a good idea to mix the two. I've had friends that tried against my recommendation and ended up paying the price with their shoulders

mr.strong
04-10-2008, 03:44 PM
That looks to me at least like its still a little stuck in bodybuilding

What I would recommend is

Monday - DE squat (this means dynamic effort or speed squat)
Wednsday (or Tuesday) - ME Bench (max effort bench - heavy bench)
Friday - (or Thursday) - ME Squat
Sunday - or saturday - DE Bench

On your ME Bench days you'll want to do your ascessory work for upper back, lats and triceps and rear delts

On your ME Squat days you want to do your ascessory work for lower back, hams and quads

I'd also recommend you scrap the oly lifts. Not a good idea to mix the two. I've had friends that tried against my recommendation and ended up paying the price with their shoulders

thanks for your help that gives me a great idear, but on DE days would i just stick to the one exercise such as DE squats i would squat and go home:confused:

mr.strong
04-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Is There Anymore Help Out There, I Want To Get My New Routine Started As Soone As I Can

samj
04-12-2008, 02:57 PM
holy volume batman!

i wouldnt do sldl after squat day.

you say you dont isolate but theres 6 iso movements there.

dont do dumbbel row or dumbbel incline press or curl or chinup or tricep press or calf raise.

i wouldnt do pullups the day after tbar row and curls.

i woulnt do military press or tricep press the day after bench day.

:)