PDA

View Full Version : First game jitters

BrettC
04-10-2008, 01:57 PM
First lacrosse game ever for me ever for lacrosse. my school district is pretty known for our athletics and we just added lacrosse this year so it feels like a lot of pressure to uphold tradition of winning. And the school board will be there to make sure the district isent wasting money on a program if we blow.

Can't imagine what it would be like if I was offense, all I have to do is hit people when they get close good thing I lift weights.

Detard
04-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Are you using long pole? If not, do it. Its so fun when you get to whack guys that aren't even expecting it

cphafner
04-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Good luck dude. I miss playing. What position are you playing? I sure they will cut you guys some slack if it is a new program.

Altephor
04-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Don't be so worried. I mean, if you lose we'll ban you.. but really, no need to get worked up..

bjohnso
04-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Good luck Brett.

BrettC
04-10-2008, 06:16 PM
First game for everyone on the team, we lost like expected but I must say, I did ****ing amazing. Score was 9-2 I scored one (I play long pole defense, lulz) and knocked 16 people down. 2 players on there team are injured thanks to me, 4 fouls in the last 8 minutes when the game was over though unnecessary roughness (knock down when we had possession,late hit)

Oh well I had fun thanks for support guys

McIrish
04-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Hah, you scored at long-pole DEFENSE? You weren't even playing long-stick middie and you pulled a goal? Either you're a unit or their taem sucks it hard. Either way, awesome goal on it :)

BrettC
04-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Their team was good, they killed us obviously by the score but I guess you could say I am a unit hahah. I was by far the most aggressive out there I had time to knock whoever was near me down for a groundball and scoop and go before help came

Cirino83
04-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Are you using long pole? If not, do it. Its so fun when you get to whack guys that aren't even expecting it

:eek: :eek: :eek: :hello:

BilltheButcher
04-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Thats great, HS sports memories are some of my fondest. There is no I in team, but there is when your "team su<ks 5hit", if your going to lose you may as well get yours.

I live up here in LAX country, Syracuse, NY. I made the mistake of playing a little box with the Onondaga Nation, needless to say I spent a lot of time on my arse.

Fuzzy
04-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Loooong pole. I had so much fun with them

BigRic
04-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Thats great, HS sports memories are some of my fondest. There is no I in team, but there is when your "team su<ks 5hit", if your going to lose you may as well get yours.

I live up here in LAX country, Syracuse, NY. I made the mistake of playing a little box with the Onondaga Nation, needless to say I spent a lot of time on my arse.
Finally an american who knows box. I've never played it but I've watched a pro game and it's bad ass.

BilltheButcher
04-12-2008, 07:30 AM
Finally an american who knows box. I've never played it but I've watched a pro game and it's bad ass.

There was a really cool article in the local paper about Jim Brown (cleveland brown hall of famer FB player) also considered one of the greatest LAX players of all time. Anyways they were talking about how he had never been knocked down in a LAX game. However, there was a Onondaga nation cheif who said otherwise, that back in the 50's Brown played a game with them, in college the hip check was not legal, but this 150 lbs Indian knocked Brown on his butt, picked up the ball and went the other way. Brown says he specifically remembers the pickup game, but can't remember getting knocked down. :) It was pretty cool two really old dudes remembering something that happened 50 yrs ago.