PDA

View Full Version : 3.5% bodyfat! How hard is it going to be get up to 8-10%?

-TAL-
04-10-2008, 09:28 PM
The gym i'm going to tested me the other day and it turns out i'm only at 3.5% bodyfat! (yech) I've always been really thin. Lean body mass to fat is 27.6 to 1.

I need to get out of this catatonic state! My end goal is 200-210lbs lean muscle.

Right now i'm eating every 3 hours.

2 Weight gainer shakes a day and waking up 3 hours before i normally would to drink one of them and go back to sleep.

Alot of lean red meat, chicken, pasta, rice, eggs and oatmeal in the morning, yogurt.

I'm 6'3" 160lbs right now. Put on about 10lbs in 3-4 weeks.

I'm working out every other day, been doing some compound lifts as well (squats and dead) Doing NO cardio what so ever except for playing Basketball once a week.

So far i've noticed my chest and shoulders gaining some size which is nice to see so soon, tripled my motivation.

Paladyr
04-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I've gotta see a pic, that's really hard to believe lol.

Bako Lifter
04-10-2008, 09:35 PM
You are not 3.5% body fat. Those measurements are inaccurate.

-TAL-
04-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Working on a picture or two. 5 mins

-TAL-
04-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Ok sorry for the crappy quality. Had to use my cellphone and take the pics myself.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/talrx7/For%20Sale/wbb/IMG00058.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/talrx7/For%20Sale/wbb/IMG00060.jpg

Built
04-10-2008, 10:06 PM
You're not 3.5%.

You're lean, but not 3.5%

Increase your fats. Natty PB on everything, butter on everything, ice cream and olive oil shots in your protein shakes.

-TAL-
04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
What was the machine they used then? Whats innacurate about it?

It's BIOANALOGICS apparently. Measures resistance through your body.

Not being snappy, just trying to learn.

jAy_Dub
04-10-2008, 10:18 PM
http://ur-ban.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bodyfat_Percentage_Example_Photos

Scroll down to the bottom and thats what 3.5% looks like.

You're more like 7-8.

Built
04-10-2008, 10:23 PM
No worries. You're lean, you really are. But those things are NOT accurate.

The only real way to tell your bodyfat is to render the body and measure the volume of melted fat.

Now they TRIED this, but it kept killing the subjects. Damned shame.

Next best is DEXA - dual emission x-ray absorptionometry (I think - too lazy to google it). I get these done occasionally - they x-ray your whole body and estimate from that your bone, muscle and fat.

That thing they used on you is based on the relative resistance of muscle and fat, given a certain hydration level in your muscles. Muscles hold more water than fat cells do, so the more water, the leaner it thinks you are. Sort of.

Problem is you could be totally dehydrated and it'll tell you you're porky pig because you're holding less water. But have a carb-fest junk-food load, and while at your most bloated, BIA techniques will tell you you're ripped to shreds.

Now, enough talk.

Are you CHEWING something? Well stop that. No more chewing. From now on you pre-process your food so you can simply chug it down.

GO EAT!!!

<mutters under her breath... damned kids... >

;)

-TAL-
04-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Well that makes me feel alot better and a bit stupid for making this post. Lol.

Just been reading reading reading and at 3.5% it would make it almost impossible to put on weight from what i'm seeing. So i'm really happy i'm not there.

Now just hardwork and eating ahead!

My end goal is 200lbs lean. No idea when though as i've never worked out.

Built
04-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Impossible to put on weight? NO! EASY!

It's always easy to put on weight: eat more than you are eating. CONSISTENTLY. That means EVERY DAY.

ArmandSV
04-11-2008, 02:10 PM
oh and its expensive, but you do get to eat just about anything you want
and then have seconds ....mmmmm

frank
04-11-2008, 07:14 PM
you look a little leaner than me, im around 7-9% but thats because of my genetics. i used to be able to eat all i want but when i started lifting i gained fast.

Jorge Sanchez
04-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Dude, 10lbs in a month is awesome. Keep it up!

A lean 200lbs is a good long term goal.