PDA

View Full Version : One meet down and it was not good!!!

bigbadwolfe
04-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Bombing is starting to happen way to often for me, this one did not change. Went in weighed in way to light at 346 and just felt bad all day. Pushed my opener off my chest right into my face, 2nd attemopt sat there out of groove and the 3rd attempt went up about 1/2 way and dumped to my feet. No excuses, no reasons, no faults except my own, had a bad day flat out.

I will regroup and get my weight back up over 360 by next weekend and be ready to go for Nationals.

Wolfy!!!!

PS I got a vid and some pics I'll post from the meet.

Rob Luyando
04-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Keep your head up! Carb up all week and you will be fine.

Travis Bell
04-13-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm with Rob on this one big guy, your weight fluctuations have been all over the place recently. I'll be there to support you next weekend and you'll get it no problem!

WillNoble
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Best of luck at the next meet Wolfe...shake it off big guy

chris mason
04-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Yep, Travis and I were talking about it on the phone. I think the fact you have back to back meets is excellent. This one just told you what you need to do next week!

ACaslow
04-13-2008, 08:28 PM
mike, I'm sorry to hear that, only you know what happened. I wish you good luck with the next, and I am sure you will make the proper adjustments... bounce back.

thewicked
04-13-2008, 09:32 PM
yeah man..stuff face and get your head set for the next meet coming up!

Don't think about your misses. You know you can do this ****.. you've DONE this **** time and time again.

IT'S not IF you'll do it..it's I WILL do it! Get it together man.. we all have ****ty days in the gym..it's that kick in the ass we need sometimes to get it back on the right track!

GET IT DONE BABY!

Tim K
04-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Past weekend is called warm-up. This weekend is the real deal! :D You got all the bad ju-ju out of your system, found three ways to miss a lift, and are now set to SFW! You got this stuff Mike!

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
04-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Great try Wolfe! Now, it's time to rock & roll for your next bp meet.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Guido
04-14-2008, 08:20 AM
One of these tims you'll happen to get a meet on the day you're feeling really strong and you'll NAIL it. Don't worry, man. It'll happen soon.

Lones Green
04-14-2008, 08:42 AM
don't sweat it big guy, you are still a great lifter and you are going to SMASH F****** WEIGHTS.

bigbadwolfe
04-14-2008, 10:51 AM
I swear I'm gonna hold a meet that starts at 7am on Sunday morning in Columbus after I drive 2 hrs to get to it :) Hahahaha!!!!

bigbadwolfe
04-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks guys for all the support!!!

I had a guy over on the MD forums ask me why I dropped so much weight so fast? So I just posted this over on there it's not an excuse just kind of explains what happened over the last 2 weeks with my weight loss.

~The big reason was cause I was went from 318 to 365 in about 12 weeks. It was just freaking crazy how fast the weight came on. Well with such a increase in weight my BP went through the roof. I knew it and in all honesty I was trying to put off going to the doc til after the meets. Well a little over 2 weeks ago one morning at work my HR just to off like crazy, it almost felt like my Bloodsugar was dropping. I broke out into a cold sweat, my skin was clamy, but I did not really get lightheaded and did not have any pain. Well that scared the **** out of me so I broke down and went to the Dr.

My BP was 164/98 which is not good, but not as high as I had expected. He was impressed that I was still 60 pounds lighter then last time I seen him. But bottom line my Doc told me if I stayed at the pace I was at I'd be dead before I'm 50.

Well guys I love to lift HUGE weight, but I got a beautiful wife and 2 punk ass kids who need me here. So I got on my BP meds cleaned my diet back up and wham dropped 20 pounds in 2 weeks.

Am I saying that is the excuse? No!!! I ****ed up by letting my weight get out of hand and making me unhealthy again. Sooooo long story short that 20 pounds was a healthy drop for my health but a ****ty one for my bench. So I'm going all out this week, gonna eat as much JUNK as possible and gonna sideline the BP meds for this one last week and give it everything I got.

If I screw up this time I'll know I at least came in Swinging with all I had. If it is meant to be I'll hit BIG this weekend. If it aint meant to be and I bomb I'll be back on here looking like a Dumbass for bombing out at 3 meet in a row.

But this meet is gonna be a do or die type meet casue this will be the last meet you guys see me compete at in the SHW division. I will be busting my ass to get Healthy and to be for as long as possible for my wife and kids. If it means eating bland ****ty diet foood for the next yr so be it. I wanna be able to do some of the stuff smaller people can do. I would give my left arm to be able to ride a roller coaster with my wife and kids when we go to the Amusement park this summer. So Yeah it is time for me to get my ass in shape. Even if that means sacrificing a 100 pounds on my bench cause that is all I'll let go

waynedang
04-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Nothing wrong with that Mike. I know some people are so hardcore they hate themselves but at the end of the day this is a hobby and family should always come first. That being said eat everything you see this week and crush some PR's this weekend!!!!!!!!

vdizenzo
04-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Mike, take care of yourself. Man it is hard mentally cutting weight. It plays such tricks on your mind. My wife always told me I was much stronger at 275 than I ever was at any other weight. I did set an all time wr at 275 so I guess she's right. Anyway, every time I get under 300 I feel like I'm shrinking up to nothing. Psychologically I make myself weaker. I am finally getting at peace with it. Sure health is important, but it's also great to be a little lighter because life just gets so much easier. I can actually put on my own socks and tie my shoes, but I still let my wife do it now and again because she thinks I don't need her.

Lastly, I am recommending to everyone to stop using boards in the shirt as a max effort exercise. I am going back to full range three days a month and if I want to overload my triceps I will hit boards with the shirt as assistance. I swear that boards with the shirt is one of the biggest causes for bombs nowadays. Touching a one board is monumentally different than hitting the chest. I am going back to a training cycle of triples, doubles, and then singles in the shirt. It always worked for me. Man does it suck. Better numbers through punishment.

Good luck Mike.

thewicked
04-14-2008, 02:20 PM
hey mike...you've got your priorties right! drop that weight and stay healthy... we all want to be lifting well into old age..and 50 isn't old anymore!

bigbadwolfe
04-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Weighed in today just aobut 1hr ago at 360 right on the money!!! How in the hell do you gain 14 pounds in less then 36 hrs? At 8am yesterday I was 346 at 3:30 pm today I'm 360!!! WTF???? is all I got to say!!!

I'm gonna come in at over 370, watch me!!!

bjohnso
04-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Good luck Mike. Cutting sucks, but you got to do it sometimes.

Travis Bell
04-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Weighed in today just aobut 1hr ago at 360 right on the money!!! How in the hell do you gain 14 pounds in less then 36 hrs? At 8am yesterday I was 346 at 3:30 pm today I'm 360!!! WTF???? is all I got to say!!!

haha I told ya it was water

water and undigested food in your intestines

Jared Enderton
04-14-2008, 05:24 PM
good luck on your next contest.... just shake this one off!

nhlfan
04-14-2008, 07:12 PM

haha that's insane.

you'll do great this weekend wolfy, give it your best!

PriestCometh
04-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Rub some dirt on it. You will be back to your dominating self soon.

your still my hero.

bigbadwolfe
04-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Rub some dirt on it. You will be back to your dominating self soon.

your still my hero.

Thanks Priest your my Hero to :)

If anyone is interested I was 364 at 4pm today!!! I'm gonna be 370 plus by this weekend!!!

vdizenzo
04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
375 sounds so much better. Good luck. Oh yeah, and because of this thread I am going to bake some brownies. I am getting hungry.

bigbadwolfe
04-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Brownies do sound good I might enjoy a pan of them myself tomorrow!!

Hey Chris are you freaking out yet? All the hard work we did to get me down and now look what I'm doing??? Hahahaha!!!!

Swinging with everything this time Men!!!!

Travis Bell
04-15-2008, 09:43 PM
think you proved last week that it comes off rather quickly!! haha I'm just bustin on ya Wolf

kingkong51
04-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Keep Your head up Mike. You will getting together this weekend donmt forget we supers can gain a few and it wont hurt us. That is the best part about being fat.

Rob Luyando
04-16-2008, 08:27 AM
375 Vin are you trying to make him have a heart attack?

Get to where you need to need to be and then get your self to a healthy training weight after this meet.

Not that I have any room to talk lately I went from my normal 255 training weight to damb near 280 in a matter of months not really trying to gain weight. WTF?