PDA

View Full Version : MMA fighter needs advice

heavyhands44
04-14-2008, 02:02 AM
I am 6' 190-195.. i think im fairly lean but my body fat is around 18% according to my scale. Ive been working out for years and been doing muay thai and wrestling for almost 3 years. I do some lifting, prob 3 times a week ill lift heavy one day, light one day (alot of reps), and do alot of HIIT cardio. ALong with fight training 5 days a week. I follow a very strict diet and take the basic supplements. (Vitamins, ZMA, fish oil, fat burner, CO Q 10, and some antioxidents.) I did a cycle of EQ and test last year around this time and had some great gains i prob went up to around 215 and was leaner at 215 than i am now. Problem is i wanted to stay around the weight i am now no more than 200 pounds and just lose alot of the fat and put on some lean muscle. WHen i went up to 215 i did alot more cardio and i guess i lost mostly muscle? and came back down to the weight i am at now. Streght gains were great and cardio was great on it. Wanted to do another round of the EQ but maybe without the test so i dont gain alot of weight again, but i know the EQ lowers natural test. Would that be safe? Or should i try just tren, or test alone? An example of a different stack maybe would work to benefit me would be great as well. My goals are to stay around 195, get leaner, stronger, faster, and help with recovery time.. any advanced user would be really helpful thank you!!

nddillon
04-14-2008, 09:46 AM
If you are asking about test, go to the anabolic section
If you are asking about losing weight, go to the diet/nutrition section

heavyhands44
04-14-2008, 02:04 PM
it wont let me post in anabolic zone. im not a newbie or anything i just wanted a few other opinions on wat i should do.. everything works different for everyone

heavyhands44
04-14-2008, 08:02 PM
noone one this forum has ever taken EQ by itself?

Bam Bam
04-14-2008, 08:59 PM
i train mma and if your doing alot fo muay thai you shouldnt need to worry about getting leaner. assuming your coach is putting you through rds. if your doing more than just showing up your dying each night. for speed or explosiveness try sleds for sprints and i like one arm clean and presses heavy.

also even smaller promotions are starting to test so if you plan to fight you might want to keep that in mind

heavyhands44
04-15-2008, 09:50 PM
i train some days twice a day.. strenght and conditioning in the morning and either MMA, muay thai, or some form of wrestling jujitsu at nite.. its still difficult for me to get that lean muscular look i want.. want to kno if EQ alone would help give me a harder leaner look i want. i also want something that will make me stronger, faster, and help with recovery. ANybody out there who been in my situation?

kingkong51
04-15-2008, 10:57 PM
You need to stay drug Free and keep training. Split to 4 day program Olympic Style Training Cleans Power and Hang Cleans, Squats Front and Back, Kettlebell work all forms getting a book look up the exercises. Do Speed Squats and superset with Box jumps and also do speed bench focus on explosion and nothing else.

TheLion
04-16-2008, 08:27 AM
you need to decide whether you want to look good or be in good fighting shape. sounds like you just want to look swole, which is not a problem. but swole kids get their ass kicked everyday, soooo. i would just train harder. for working out, i would go low weight(but as much as you can do for your reps), high rep (10-15) to build muscular endurance. i would roll everyday. and when you roll, push yourself, stay moving. any chance you get to work on your ground game cant hurt you, as long as you dont get hurt that is. for recovery, just make sure you rest your body. train smart. if you are hurting, rest. get on a good clean diet. make sure you are eating lots of complex carbs to help with your energy and lean protein to rebuild your muscles. quit worrying about what you look like and worry about making sure you dont get your ass kicked

heavyhands44
04-16-2008, 02:45 PM
so why do alot of top fighters use gear? sean sherk, tim siylva, hermes franka, phil baroni, victor belfort to name a few.. im sure 75% of fighters have used gear sometime in there lifetime maybe not now but at sometime. I dont want to put on heavy muscle at all, not wat im saying, i think with EQ and the type of workouts i do it would still be hard to put on bodybuilder style muscle. I want to get stronger faster without the bulk. And lower my body fat. I have a pair of kettlebells i use prob once a week

Phil Bailey
06-17-2008, 01:06 AM
I think you really need to evaluate what your are saying. Please don't take this as an insult. But really examine what you are saying. The guys you have listed are not at the top of their game now (remember drug testing is more common now) except for Sean Sherk (and I still don't think he used any juice). If you want to get stronger or faster than train for it. Look at powerlifting types of movements. I find oly lifts require a lot of practice and are a sport in themselves. It takes time to properly develope the right technique to successfully incorporate oly movements. People have already said this and you should listen. Look at Anderson Silva, pound for pound, the best fighter in the world. He is not the most ripped, but he has stopped the biggest names in the buisness with ease. He did it through training and some weight lifting.

crazedwombat
06-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Any fighters that are on anything now tend to lean for GH since they're so far not detected in current testing. However, it's incredibly pricey. All those guys you listed used but got caught, 2 had their belts stripped away (sylvia and sherk). Surprisingly most dont use anything.

I understand what you mean about wanting better recovery faster. I train 6 days a week and 2 of those days are double days. muscles are always sore but part of it is my diet. I eat fairly clean but when you weigh 265, it's hard to get all the needed protein in. Thats what you need to focus on. Get your amino acids inside you and a huge amount of protein. Dont bother ingesting more than 20-25g of protein until your body is used to it. most people cant absorb more than that until they build up to it. start with 20g at each session then in a month add 10g to each serving. You can judge if you're ingesting too much each time based on your craps. If it's loose then you're just wasting protein. If it stays fairly solid, you're on a good amount.

Ignore vanity if you're serious about fighting. Aim for strong functional strength. 80% of the time you should be doing movements that simulate a fighting movements. Otherwise, you'll be easy pickings for even the biggest of cans out there.

GTA
09-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Sherk definetly used. Just take a look at the before and after pics. He looked alot thinner when he fought BJ. The guys that said they were MMA fighters,where do you train your BJJ/MMA? Im a blue belt with Team balance. I currently just compete in grappling tourneys but may try to fight mma in the beginning of next year.