PDA

View Full Version : reducing body fat

jtteg_x
04-14-2008, 03:36 AM
I'm averaging at 204lb/5'7" and around 22-23% body fat. My goal is to hit high 10's after summer is over. What I've done so far is incorporate running after my workouts (1.5 mile-2 mile avg), not eating till I'm full, replacing super heavy foods (fried chicken, BBQ, burgers) with something lighter and less calorie dense (sushi, non fried foods), dropped some carbs but nothing insane, and visit the hot tub/sauna/steam room once a week. I also ride my motorcycle for few hours where I don't even think about eating. Are there any other things I can do to help reduce my body fat percentage? I'd like to continue competing the bench and deadlift so keeping my strength is priority.

My average meal would be something like this. Just keep in mind I may eat more or less depending if its a work day and/or gym day.

wake up@10am: 1 1/2 scoop protein shake w/skim milk
11am: oatmeal w/brown sugar and cinnanmon w/skim milk (maybe a banana)
12noon:workout
post workout 3-4pm: bowl of asian noodle soup at resturant (can you say sodium? yum)
6pm: iced white mocha coffee at starbucks and maybe a snack from there (like a lemon cake or oatmeal cookie)
8pm (family dinner): regularly small bowl white rice w/some sort of meat
if I'm still hungry around 11pm, i may down a protein shake or eat something light. I sleep around 2-3am.

*ps: I drink coffee every other day*

CastedBaran
04-14-2008, 06:18 AM
Track what you eat for a week on www.fitday.com (its free) so you can figure out what your maintenance calories are. This will help you determine how many calories to cut each week so you can lose slowly.(its the best way IMO)

curiosity
04-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Just eat, train and adjust when necessary. Use the mirror and the scales in unison. If you dont drop fat then drop the crap like the cookies and starbucks and replace then with some wholesome foods

Just mess with portion sizes and food as those calorie sites are never accurate anyway

borracho
04-14-2008, 07:59 AM
uh, where is all the chicken and eggs at? What kind of protein intake are you at?

Unholy
04-14-2008, 09:26 AM
eat 200g of protein, 100g of fat, and whatever carbs you can fit in your daily calorie goal.

Aslin
04-14-2008, 10:44 AM
lol yeah dude get that protein...

thewicked
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
eat 200g of protein, 100g of fat, and whatever carbs you can fit in your daily calorie goal.

YEP! HIGH PROTIEN...at least get your 1g in... and then some to protect your muscles from being eaten up when dieting, make fat your predominant fuel sources and shy away from the carbs. 100grams of fat or a litlte less is ideal with 30-50 carbs a day and you'll slim the hell up.

or just cut total cals and you'll lose..but wiht carb cycling/manipulation you're able to regulate more of what you lose!

once you've hit your desired bodyfat percentage..slowly change out yoru fats for carbs and start eating fat free or low fat goodness to switch your body over to eating carbs again. key word is slowly..if you just jump right back in you'll rebound and blow back up..

throw in a little NITOR from atlarge for energy..cuase you're going to need it..and to help burn that fat off a little faster and you'll drop that % down in no time! I'll be using it to cut down myself VERY soon.. I LOVE how it makes me feel in the gym..it's worth every penny!

http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=12

Ramstein85
04-15-2008, 08:17 AM
reduce calories, maintain or up protein intake so your getting at least 1.5 g per lbs of body weight and keep lifting heavy and hard. Should increase strength and muscle whilst reducing unecessary fat. takes some time though