PDA

View Full Version : Bill Crawford joins the UPA.

Bill Carpenter
04-14-2008, 09:42 AM
The UPA is happy to announce that Bill Crawford, of Metal Militia, has accepted the position of New York State Chairman for the UPA. Bill brings with him a wealth of knowledge from a meet promotion standpoint as well as many years of high level competition experience. As the promoter of several great meets a year in the upstate New York area Bill is a great addition to the UPA. The first UPA sanctioned event hosted by Bill will be May 3rd at the Fort William Henry Resort in Lake George, New York. UPA Vice President Bill Carpenter and I will be in attendance to support this event.

Kenny Patterson - President
United Powerlifting Association

waynedang
04-14-2008, 09:46 AM
WOW that is huge!! I think it is a good move for both parties

Bill Carpenter
04-14-2008, 09:49 AM
I agree. Bill is a good friend of mine and I looked forward to supporting the UPA in New York.

Here is the link to the entry form for the Metal Militia Full Power Wars May 3rd. I look forward to attending this meet.

vdizenzo
04-14-2008, 11:39 AM
That's great news. Bill Crawford is a great guy in this sport. He will represent the UPA well. Looks like you are gaining momentum Bill. Continued success to you and Kenny.

Bill Carpenter
04-14-2008, 12:02 PM
That's great news. Bill Crawford is a great guy in this sport. He will represent the UPA well. Looks like you are gaining momentum Bill. Continued success to you and Kenny.

Thanks Vin. So when are we going to see you at a UPA meet?
The Power Weekend is coming up July 12 and 13 here in Dubuque, Iowa. The Pro Bench Bash for Cash will be July 12 Saturday night. You should come and do it. You will have a good time and compete with the best in the bench. You can get all the info on my site at www.upa-iowa.com

vdizenzo
04-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks but my dance card is full. I am doing the IPA's in June (no airfare needed) then I have my first NAS strongman in July, after that I want to attempt a full meet in the fall. However, I will make one of your meets in the future. I hear nothing, but unbelievable things about them.

Bill Carpenter
04-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks but my dance card is full. I am doing the IPA's in June (no airfare needed) then I have my first NAS strongman in July, after that I want to attempt a full meet in the fall. However, I will make one of your meets in the future. I hear nothing, but unbelievable things about them.

Sounds good Vin. Good luck in your meets and hope to see you at one of my future meets.

jtteg_x
04-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I would love to see more lifters as judges over a elderly person that doesn't lift weights in his or her lifetime. +1 to Crawford. I wish he were in CA so I can meet the guy (aka: show me bench tips lol)

Travis Bell
04-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Bill, whats the nearest airport?

I'm thinkin about doing this meet as a bp only since there isn't much else over the summer

chris mason
04-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Yep, like I said on PLWatch, UPA = badass federation!

Bill Carpenter
04-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Bill, whats the nearest airport?

I'm thinkin about doing this meet as a bp only since there isn't much else over the summer

Albany is where we are flying into. Then it is a hour drive there. I am pretty sure the hotel has a shuttle that goes back and forth. The hotel info is on the entry form.

PriestCometh
04-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Great news. Bill is a class act and probably the smartest bencher I have ever met.

BPM Osgood
04-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Im Pumped!! It is Hard to Find Huge Meets near the New England area! I look forward to competing in the UPA!

HP666
04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Albany is where we are flying into. Then it is a hour drive there. I am pretty sure the hotel has a shuttle that goes back and forth. The hotel info is on the entry form.

Yes, Albany is the closest, and if for some reason you have a problem with Albany, Stewart Airport in Newburgh, NY is about 2 1/4-2 1/2 hours from Bill's place.

kingkong51
04-16-2008, 08:19 PM
We need UPA in the south

Ryano
04-17-2008, 01:46 PM
We need UPA in the south

I believe that Tommy Fannon is the Florida State Chair for the UPA. You can go to the UPA home website and contact him about upcoming meets.