PDA

View Full Version : Vids from Nationals

deeder
04-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Here's a compilation of my lifting at the CPU National Championships. As many of you know from my other thread, I placed 3rd in the 100kg Junior category with a 675kg total.

I squatted 255kg on my third (the only one I have a video of!). Benched 150kg (fail), 157.5kg and 165kg. Deadlifted 240kg, 252.5kg and 255kg.

Oh, and this is really the first time I've ever put a compilation of my lifts together... I suck at the whole video editing thing.

3F3KYVlDOC4

Keith
04-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Great stuff, dude. Everything looked really good. Looked like you had quite a bit more in you in the squat and bench, though!

deeder
04-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Great stuff, dude. Everything looked really good. Looked like you had quite a bit more in you in the squat and bench, though!

Yeah I definitely had more on both. I missed my second squat because of depth so instead of jumping to 260kg (my goal for this meet) we went to 255kg to play it safe. If I had missed my third squat I would have had a rough time coming back to get 3rd place.

My last couple bench workouts in the gym went really ****ty. Basically I just opened way lower than I should have. That's what messed me up on the first bench. It came off my chest so fast that I couldn't control it. I should have opened with 157.5. I think I could have don 170-175 that day.

Jorge Sanchez
04-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Congratulations. That's some heavy weight.

nhlfan
04-15-2008, 05:51 PM
great lifting dude!

deeder
04-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Congratulations. That's some heavy weight.
Thanks!

great lifting dude!

Thanks! Kristen and I are planning on being back in the gym training as usual by next Monday. I don't know about Steve, Tracy and Jason though. How has your training been without all of us there?

joey54
04-15-2008, 05:56 PM
congrats.

Invain
04-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Good job man. Benches looked easy as hell for you.

getfit
04-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Congrats.Looking awesome!

RedSpikeyThing
04-15-2008, 06:20 PM
congrats deeder, that's great work! You had a lot more in your squats and deads, for sure. Would have been great to meet you....maybe I'll make it out next year :)

nhlfan
04-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks! Kristen and I are planning on being back in the gym training as usual by next Monday. I don't know about Steve, Tracy and Jason though. How has your training been without all of us there?

I should be back to normal training sessions by next Wednesday.

My bench workouts have been going great, some new PRs and whatnot....but my back is ****ed and I've been avoiding leg workouts, what else is new :mad:

Tomorrow I'm trying my first lower body session in about a week, I hope it goes well.

motoko013
04-15-2008, 06:55 PM
you have huge legs

deeder
04-15-2008, 07:28 PM
congrats.
Thanks!

Good job man. Benches looked easy as hell for you.
Yeah they went pretty good after the opener. What a perfect day to finally figure that bench shirt out!

Congrats.Looking awesome!
Thanks!

congrats deeder, that's great work! You had a lot more in your squats and deads, for sure. Would have been great to meet you....maybe I'll make it out next year :)
Next year nats will be in Moose Jaw. 35 minutes from where I live! If you haul your ass all the way out to the prairies we will definitely have to meet!

I should be back to normal training sessions by next Wednesday.

My bench workouts have been going great, some new PRs and whatnot....but my back is ****ed and I've been avoiding leg workouts, what else is new :mad:

Tomorrow I'm trying my first lower body session in about a week, I hope it goes well.
That sucks about your back.. Any indication as to what is actually wrong with it?

you have huge legs
Haha thanks man. I always feel small just because of the guys that I train with....

nhlfan
04-15-2008, 07:32 PM
That sucks about your back.. Any indication as to what is actually wrong with it?
something about a left column being locked up...I'm not completely sure. I might have to adjust my squat form a bit.

Haha thanks man. I always feel small just because of the guys that I train with....
haha +1 to that, it's a good motivator though!

Sidior
04-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Nice lifting!

Detard
04-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Next year nats will be in Moose Jaw. 35 minutes from where I live! If you haul your ass all the way out to the prairies we will definitely have to meet!

Hopefully i'll be lifting at nationals next year:eek: Although its doubtful haha

Nice lifting man. You look much bigger in person

LouPac
04-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Great stuff man, you made those lifts look easy.

deeder
04-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Nice lifting!
Thanks!

Hopefully i'll be lifting at nationals next year:eek: Although its doubtful haha

Nice lifting man. You look much bigger in person
That'd be awesome! If you're still a junior, your national qualifier shouldn't be too hard to hit. I got my 82.5kg qualifier using only knee wraps and a belt last year.

Haha I'm glad I look bigger in person! I haven't posted pics on here for probably about a year (or about 40lbs).

Great stuff man, you made those lifts look easy.

Thanks LouPac!

Chris Rodgers
04-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Excellent lifting. You definitely had more in the tank and looks like your quest to 700 KG shouldn't take too long.

What were the spotters waiting for on your opener bench attempt? It's almost like they thought you were still gonna ride it up the racks and lock it, lol.

Also, I actually get annoyed watching benches from the USAPL/IPF/CPU affiliate feds. Do they at least give you the press command in the CPU or just start and rack? I think the pause they make you do is a little too exaggerated.

LouPac
04-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey deeder, what kind of gear were you wearing? After a couple of Raw comps I'm thinking of going over to the dark side.

deeder
04-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Excellent lifting. You definitely had more in the tank and looks like your quest to 700 KG shouldn't take too long.

What were the spotters waiting for on your opener bench attempt? It's almost like they thought you were still gonna ride it up the racks and lock it, lol.

Also, I actually get annoyed watching benches from the USAPL/IPF/CPU affiliate feds. Do they at least give you the press command in the CPU or just start and rack? I think the pause they make you do is a little too exaggerated.

I was really hoping to hit 700 this competition. But, I set my goals just a little too high I guess. My next contest I should smoke 700.

I think they were just waiting for the head spotter to get there to guide it into the rack. They had it pined there and with the safety racks on the side it's not like I was in any danger.

The IPF voted in a press command as of Jan. 1, 2007. So we had it last year at nationals too. My first couple of competitions I hated that we didn't get a press command because I kept missing benches not because of strength but because I hadn't paused long enough.

Some people say that if you can get white lights in the CPU you can get them anywhere in the world. I dunno.. You say our pauses seem too long... I say your pauses seem too short! haha I think part of it is that with the single ply gear we can come down a lot faster and the bar sort of has to settle before it is actually motionless whereas in a multi-ply shirt the decent is much slower so the bar might actually be motionless as soon as it stops on the chest.

deeder
04-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey deeder, what kind of gear were you wearing? After a couple of Raw comps I'm thinking of going over to the dark side.

Metal King Squatter
Metal All Black Knee Wraps
Metal King Presser
Metal All Black Wrist Wraps
Metal King Sumo Deadlifter
Metal Singlet
Metal Socks

and... and Inzer belt. :ninja:

The king material is some SICK ****! The only thing I've ever put on that wasn't Metal was a Fury that I did my 171kg bench only provincial record with. I borrowed it from another lifter that day (and I hadn't even planned on lifting!!!), did two reps in it in the warmup room and went out on the platform.

I train with the Canadian Metal distributor... So it only makes sense that's the stuff I wear.

RedSpikeyThing
04-15-2008, 08:33 PM

as much as I like powerlifting, I'm going to need a better reason than that to travel to Moose Jaw ;) Unless......

ROAD TRIP!

deeder
04-15-2008, 09:15 PM
as much as I like powerlifting, I'm going to need a better reason than that to travel to Moose Jaw ;) Unless......

ROAD TRIP!

LMAO! I can see it now... We've seen the WBB Meet Threads, the WBB Arnold Threads, now watch for the WBB Road Trip to No Where Thread!!!

LouPac
04-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Metal King Squatter
Metal All Black Knee Wraps
Metal King Presser
Metal All Black Wrist Wraps
Metal King Sumo Deadlifter
Metal Singlet
Metal Socks

and... and Inzer belt. :ninja:

The king material is some SICK ****! The only thing I've ever put on that wasn't Metal was a Fury that I did my 171kg bench only provincial record with. I borrowed it from another lifter that day (and I hadn't even planned on lifting!!!), did two reps in it in the warmup room and went out on the platform.

I train with the Canadian Metal distributor... So it only makes sense that's the stuff I wear.

Nice, thanks for the info.