PDA

View Full Version : My updated routine, what do you think?

OneMoreSet
04-16-2008, 07:53 PM
So I took some heat for my previous routine, then came to the realization that I was missing a number of important exercises and wasting my time with a lot of unnecessary ones. This is my new routine, tell me what you think. Keep in mind I couldn't get rid of all my iso exercises, mainly because I enjoy doing them.

DAY 1

Bench Press 1xWarmup, 4xWorking sets
Deadlifts 1xWarmup, 4xWorking sets
Squats 1xWarmup, 4xWorking sets
Incline Bench Press 1xWarmup, 4xWorking sets

DAY 2

100 Crunches x2
40 Leg lifts x2
21's x3
Dips 3x10
Military or shoulder press 1xWarmup, 4xWorking sets

DAY 3

20 Trap shrugs x3
Lat pulldowns 1xWarmup, 4xWorking sets
15 Standing calf raises x3
Want this spot filled, suggestions?
Want this spot filled, suggestions?

DAY 4

See day 1...

SDS
04-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Looks crazy to me. No way could I bench, deadlift and squat on the same day. You'll be so tired when it comes time to squat, there's no way you'll be able to get a complete heavy set completed. What's the issue you have with one of the WBB routines, or the BGB routine?

OneMoreSet
04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Looks crazy to me. No way could I bench, deadlift and squat on the same day. You'll be so tired when it comes time to squat, there's no way you'll be able to get a complete heavy set completed. What's the issue you have with one of the WBB routines, or the BGB routine?

They feel light for me... And I like the iso exercises I have in my routine now... the wbb's and bgb do not have them.

kingkong51
04-16-2008, 08:30 PM
hope the routine i gave you will help out

Runty
04-16-2008, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't use it. As stated, bench, squat and dl on the same day in insane. You need to give your body time to rest between squats and dl for sure.