PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not eat veggies?

beachmuscles
04-18-2008, 01:09 AM
I maybe have some veggies, once a week AT MOST. Does it make a huge difference in your physique if you never eat them? I never saw the need, I've made tons of progress, and never really incorporated them. Also, I see people say they are "calorie-free" but on my asparagus it says 20 calories per serving, and the servings are pretty small. What are the benefits of eating them? What meals are they good to have with?

Slim Schaedle
04-18-2008, 01:10 AM
I should...but it is rare that I do.

It's something I really need to change.

As far as physique....no difference that I have noticed.

Health benefits and preventative factors? Big time.

beachmuscles
04-18-2008, 01:16 AM
I should...but it is rare that I do.

It's something I really need to change.

As far as physique....no difference that I have noticed.

Health benefits and preventative factors? Big time.

People always have told me to include it, and over the past few years I've always slacked. Every now and then I'll feel like I'm doing a good thing by having some brocolli or asparagus, but its so rare that it doesn't even make a difference. I can't get into a habit of eating it since it doesn't give me any calories.

BigDanny817
04-18-2008, 01:18 AM
People always have told me to include it, and over the past few years I've always slacked. Every now and then I'll feel like I'm doing a good thing by having some brocolli or asparagus, but its so rare that it doesn't even make a difference. I can't get into a habit of eating it since it doesn't give me any calories.

Same here, I will only eat something if it had a good amount of calories, otherwise its a waste.

BFGUITAR
04-18-2008, 01:26 AM
I munch on cucumbers... not one of the best veggies out there.

motoko013
04-18-2008, 03:25 AM
i HATE vegetables...but i sneak in spinach whenever i eat...as long as i can't taste it then i can eat it

curiosity
04-18-2008, 03:35 AM
Hey?!

I dont know how anyone cant like mashed carrot/swede and sweet potato

bjohnso
04-18-2008, 06:51 AM
I love salads with tons of dressing, but I don't eat that usually. I usually eat 9oz of broccoli several times a week, green peppers, tomatos, and oranges.

Cirino83
04-18-2008, 08:04 AM
I eat vegetables once a week. I should try to change this though.

Klotz
04-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm not sure how it affected me training, but when I cut down on processed food and added more fresh vegetables, my heartburn and flatulence went away.

Mik
04-18-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't eat nearly enough so I supplement with Greens+.

mickyjune26
04-18-2008, 09:49 AM
I love veggies and try to eat them everyday. Being the greengiant, it does seem somewhat cannibalistic.

Make a fresh salad with spinach, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, and avacadoes and you're set!

getfit
04-18-2008, 09:49 AM
God, I love my veggies.

Mik
04-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Make a fresh salad with spinach, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, and avacadoes and you're set!

I recently started eating these daily and they are delish!

mickyjune26
04-18-2008, 10:01 AM
oh yeah...can get a little pricey at about $2 - 3 per serving, but hey, gotta stay healthy!

WORLD
04-18-2008, 10:35 AM
I couldn't live without my veggies. They're delicious. And consider all the health benefits they provide. Read up bro.

You know if you make yourself a big salad everyday, you can contribute about 500cals towards your daily intake? Add that to your meal and you can easily come close to 1000 cals in one sitting.

Make your sauce with olive oil (130 cals/tbsp!!), vinegar and salt.

Can't make friends with salad?

mickyjune26
04-18-2008, 11:23 AM
i have to admit all, that i'm putting about 2 - 3 TB of Hidden Valley Ranch (buttermilk version) on my salad. Haven't gotten an olive oil blend that I like. Someone should start a new thread on a good homeade olive oil dressing recipi (spelling).

Greengiant lives next to Hidden Valley Ranch. It's just down the road.

WORLD
04-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Here's mine micky:

-Smother the salad in olive oil. I think I counted about 8-9 tbsp once.
-Pour on some vinegar (Either balsamic or red wine). Some people prefer more than others.
-Add 2 pinches of salt
-Oregano!!
-Feta cheese if you have some

I've made it for others and they find it delicious too, so it's not just me. Enjoy.

Keith
04-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Here's mine micky:

-Smother the salad in olive oil. I think I counted about 8-9 tbsp once.
-Pour on some vinegar (Either balsamic or red wine). Some people prefer more than others.
-Add 2 pinches of salt
-Oregano!!
-Feta cheese if you have some

I've made it for others and they find it delicious too, so it's not just me. Enjoy.

The man speaks the truth!

JSully
04-18-2008, 12:42 PM
bleghh..

I have sourkraut 1-2x /week.. does that count?

mickyjune26
04-18-2008, 01:20 PM
sourkraut is the bane of all foods. do you know how it's made?

Guess i shouldn't really poke though. I eat hotdogs.

WORLD
04-18-2008, 09:25 PM
I made a salad tonight with about 1000 calories! Unreal. 9 tbsp olive oil counted for over 1000 cals alone, plus all the veggies.

Coldasice
04-18-2008, 09:35 PM
I just down a huge cup of V8 i try once a day..lol thats it for vegetables for me...and i dont think they make a difference to your physique much I just do it for healthiness or something

jacksonchen28
04-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I love veggies!! I tried to get a salad everyday with low-fat ranch because my school don't have olive oil as a dressing.

txmike1
04-19-2008, 04:05 AM
I'm not sure how it affected me training, but when I cut down on processed food and added more fresh vegetables, my ...flatulence went away.

No way I'm eating veggies after reading that! :tuttut: Flatulence is the spice of life! I think being able to turtle the wife with some good protein ones each night outweighs the veggies benefit for me (I mean, I'm taking my multi/calcium/magnesium/fish oil anyway, ain't that enough? LOL)

YMMV :D

qjohnny2000
04-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I knew this guy in college that had a calvin klien model body. He would never eat veggies - hated them. All he at was whole wheat bread, peanut butter, pasta, burgers, and lots of milk and granola bars. Never saw him eat veggies. We had been working out since like 15/16 years old 3 times a week on weights. Didn't do much cardio. Didn't have much fat at all - totally ripped six pack and good body - but not a massive body.

Runty
04-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Eating your veggies now is what is going to keep you healthy in the long run. There may be people who look super fit on the outside and might still be rather fit inside, but over time chances are they will have more problems. Eating veggies gives you essential vitamins and minerals to keep your system running smooth. I try to eat either a huge serving of fruits or vegetables at least twice a day. Fruit with breakfast is easy, because fruit tastes better than most vegetables. Then a huge portion with dinner and I'm set.

Ps. Best way to eat vegetables, just heat up pretty much anything, and then melt butter over it.... :drooling: or olive oil if you're feeling a bit on the healthy side.