PDA

View Full Version : Cheatmeal w/ a multi-vitamin? OK?

John_Matrix
04-18-2008, 07:59 PM
I have been cheatmealing alot lately and feel very guilty about it and depressed often asking myself afterwaerds 'Why did I do that?'

But I've been taking a multi-vitamin every time I cheatmeal, so do you guys think it will minimalise the affects of the cheatmeal? since it has minerals and nutrients. thanks.

Dan9108
04-19-2008, 12:24 PM
No. A multi-vitamin won't just erase all the crap you ate, it's safe to have 1 multi-vitamin a day, but the thing is, most multi's have a warning that say not to take more than one because you could take in too much Iron. So if you decide to have 3 cheatmeals, don't just pop 3 multis for reassurance.

Lones Green
04-19-2008, 01:03 PM
take caffeine instead :)

bjohnso
04-19-2008, 01:52 PM
What are you eating that makes you feel guilty?

John_Matrix
04-19-2008, 05:39 PM
What are you eating that makes you feel guilty?

I will eat a whole box of pasta, 1600 calories, plus the tomato sauce, olive oil, and parm cheese. Looking like 2300+ calories, all carbs. :confused: Why do I do it? Why!? Why?! Why?! I always tell myself I won't do it again, but there I am boiling up some more pasta 2 nights later! damn cheatmeal!:eek:

I might have a disease being addicted to pasta.

Runty
04-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Not sure I would necessarily call that a cheat meal. Depending on what kind of pasta your eating, it can have a lot of protein, olive oil is just fat. Popping multivitamins isn't going to cancel out anything either. As long as you just balance the rest of the day with adequate protein and fat you should be fine.

Edit: In fact, just throw some meat right up in the pasta and you'll be fine. Ground beef or shredded chicken is delicious.

mistergalarza
04-20-2008, 09:07 AM
2300 calories in a sitting? Not that bad? Are you cutting?

Torrok
04-21-2008, 05:53 PM
I will eat a whole box of pasta, 1600 calories, plus the tomato sauce, olive oil, and parm cheese. Looking like 2300+ calories, all carbs. :confused: Why do I do it? Why!? Why?! Why?! I always tell myself I won't do it again, but there I am boiling up some more pasta 2 nights later! damn cheatmeal!:eek:

thats a great opportunity to go squat, woo!

bjohnso
04-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Do you feel that this meal is lacking in nutrients?

getb1g
04-21-2008, 10:12 PM
use whole wheat pasta and your set

John_Matrix
04-21-2008, 11:05 PM
use whole wheat pasta and your set

Will using whole wheat pasta vs reg. make a big difference?