PDA

View Full Version : George Halbert results!

Travis Bell
04-19-2008, 12:21 PM
George benched a solid 766lbs today at 198lbs bodyweight. He made two attempts at 788lbs, but just misgrooved them. I have video that I'm working on right now.

Jason Fry benched 707lbs at a bodyweight of 181lbs. One of the cleanest benches I've ever seen! Video of that as well later on.

Tomorrow look forward to seeing some video of big Mike Wolfe and a 900+lb bench press!

Travis Bell
04-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Zsyi2_Azmw8

Ben Moore
04-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah, it looked like he flared maybe a little early?

Good stuff, though!

Lones Green
04-19-2008, 01:02 PM
nice!!! must be the h-rolls! :clown:

chris mason
04-19-2008, 01:15 PM
That is a great job!

Travis Bell
04-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Here's Jay

qJ_attawdLE

Kenny ran a super meet today. Very well timed and I think it was an excellent idea to split the weight classes into two days because the squats moved through really quick. We were done by about 10:30 or so and benching by 11. Awesome venue and from my perspective the judging was top notch.

nhlfan
04-19-2008, 03:09 PM
disgusting presses for the bodyweight!

well done to both of them.

Chris Rodgers
04-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Halbert is a beast.

As far as Fry goes, I think they misloaded that bar to 225. That was disguting! Was that his last attempt or did he go up? And is that the new all-time record @181?

bigbadwolfe
04-19-2008, 07:12 PM
That was an alltime Record for Jay in the 181's.
It was his 3rd attempt, he missed his opener and 2nd.

bencher8
04-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Nice job by George!

Took a lot of heart and guts to slam a all time record on a 3rd attempt after missing 1st and 2nd by Jay....great work! Nice clean lift too..

chris mason
04-19-2008, 10:27 PM
STRONG lift by Jay!

Travis Bell
04-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Halbert is a beast.

As far as Fry goes, I think they misloaded that bar to 225. That was disguting! Was that his last attempt or did he go up? And is that the new all-time record @181?

actually last summer he went for the record and they did in fact misload it! We were surprised how fast his second attempt went, because it was actually lower than his opener! It was a real bummer but he came back this year and slammed it!

kingkong51
04-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Great Job George

Ben Moore
04-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Here's Jay

qJ_attawdLE

Kenny ran a super meet today. Very well timed and I think it was an excellent idea to split the weight classes into two days because the squats moved through really quick. We were done by about 10:30 or so and benching by 11. Awesome venue and from my perspective the judging was top notch.

That was nuts!!!!

thewicked
04-20-2008, 02:12 PM
awesome job by both parties.. .man jay and george can manhandle some iron! and at that body weight that's just in ****ing sane..

i can't wait to see how mikie does..BRING IT HOME WOLFEY!

youngguns
04-20-2008, 04:21 PM
straight nasty.

drew
04-21-2008, 05:47 AM
George is just a freak. Ridiculous.

chris mason
04-21-2008, 06:34 AM
awesome job by both parties.. .man jay and george can manhandle some iron! and at that body weight that's just in ****ing sane..

i can't wait to see how mikie does..BRING IT HOME WOLFEY!

No luck for Mike. He couldn't get his shirt tweaked right to touch with the weight.

Chris

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
04-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Congratulations George:clap: :strong:

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

thewicked
04-21-2008, 07:59 AM
No luck for Mike. He couldn't get his shirt tweaked right to touch with the weight.

Chris

aint' nothing for mike..he's just teasing us for when he finally makes a run for the WR :thumbup:

Travis Bell
04-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Mike really worked yesterday. His shirt was just too tight. He took his opener down and got within probably 2in of touching and then dumped it. Second attempt was 870 I believe (first was 835) and got within 1in of touching and the third was 903. This is when I realized there was no way he could touch in the shirt. He came down exactly on the spot in the groove and it just sat bout 1/2" over his chest and would not move. He actually blacked out a little trying to get it down and it dumped again. I'm really thankful he wasn't hurt but I think Mike will definatly come back and hit 900+ in a meet.

Mike isn't in a bombing streak really, sure he could throw on a shirt and get a PR in a meet at 865, but Mike wants 900, not 865 so he's really been pushing himself. Mike you are one tough mother and i know you can get 900!!

Lones Green
04-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Mike really worked yesterday. His shirt was just too tight. He took his opener down and got within probably 2in of touching and then dumped it. Second attempt was 870 I believe (first was 835) and got within 1in of touching and the third was 903. This is when I realized there was no way he could touch in the shirt. He came down exactly on the spot in the groove and it just sat bout 1/2" over his chest and would not move. He actually blacked out a little trying to get it down and it dumped again. I'm really thankful he wasn't hurt but I think Mike will definatly come back and hit 900+ in a meet.

Mike isn't in a bombing streak really, sure he could throw on a shirt and get a PR in a meet at 865, but Mike wants 900, not 865 so he's really been pushing himself. Mike you are one tough mother and i know you can get 900!!

that sucks! i'm sure he will hit 900 as well. even in a lower weight class. was his shirt too tight because of his recent weight fluxuations? thats one thing that sucks about gaining and losing weight, your gear fits different every time you put it on.

Travis Bell
04-21-2008, 08:54 AM
I can't comment on the weight in relation to the shirt, but for some reason I was thinking it was a different shirt than last week. Don't quote me on that one though I can't really remember

thewicked
04-21-2008, 10:01 AM

that's what i'm talking about..mike won't settle for anything less than the best he can pull off! 900 is his... he just needs to get it on paper! YOU DA MAN MIKIE!

bigbadwolfe
04-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks guys!!!

Right now i'm gonna take some time to re-evevaluate my training and also spend some time cutting weight. 900 just was'nt meant to be this time. I came in in the biggest, strongest shape I have ever been in, but unfortunatley also very unhealthy!!! I've been having a some BP problems as of late and really just need to focus on getting myself healthy and in good shape.

So right now that is gonna be my main focus. I knew this going into the meets the last 2 weekends that these were gonna be it for awhile. That is why I came out swining with everything that I had. But again swung and missed!!! Like I told Chris I'm really kind of at a loss for words as to what happened. My training went great and everything was there I just could not reach out and take it.

I got home last night and basicly just crashed. I was just mentally tore up last night and I'm pretty damn sore right now. Like Travis said I dumped all of them, the 1st one and the 3rd one being pretty bad. The 3rd one I actually blackedout on about 1inch above my chest. The only thing I remember is my hand off guy smacking me asking if I was Ok? God I wonder what my BP was at that point? I'm sure I really dont wanna know Hahaha!!!

Anyhow you guys aint seen the last of me, I'm gonna get healthy and come back at a MUCH lighter weight and a much healthier weight. I got a great wife and 2 kids who need me here for as long as possible.

I just wanna thank my GREAT spotters for the last 2 meets. 5 out of 6 attempts went right to my belly and 3 of those 5 were pretty nasty. And thanks to all of you guys for being so cool!!!!

Now lets see if I can get my ass skinny :)

Wolfy!!!!

Travis if you still got the vids of this week you can post them to show everyone how not to bench :)

Travis Bell
04-21-2008, 12:27 PM
haha I do have the vids, I'll post em for ya

Don't worry about the training Wolf, we train at the strongest gym around! We have some of the best advice in the world so I have no doubts we'll turn this around.

I talked to Lou about doing bench only at the Pro-Am in August, he said we could probably do it on the Am day so maybe set your sights on August brother. The last thing you should do is let these meets get into your head but some time off from the meets is not a bad idea. I haven't competed since last july when I bombed at Kenny's meet! haha. We've all got your back big guy so keep at it!

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
04-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks guys!!!

Right now i'm gonna take some time to re-evevaluate my training and also spend some time cutting weight. 900 just was'nt meant to be this time. I came in in the biggest, strongest shape I have ever been in, but unfortunatley also very unhealthy!!! I've been having a some BP problems as of late and really just need to focus on getting myself healthy and in good shape.

So right now that is gonna be my main focus. I knew this going into the meets the last 2 weekends that these were gonna be it for awhile. That is why I came out swining with everything that I had. But again swung and missed!!! Like I told Chris I'm really kind of at a loss for words as to what happened. My training went great and everything was there I just could not reach out and take it.

I got home last night and basicly just crashed. I was just mentally tore up last night and I'm pretty damn sore right now. Like Travis said I dumped all of them, the 1st one and the 3rd one being pretty bad. The 3rd one I actually blackedout on about 1inch above my chest. The only thing I remember is my hand off guy smacking me asking if I was Ok? God I wonder what my BP was at that point? I'm sure I really dont wanna know Hahaha!!!

Anyhow you guys aint seen the last of me, I'm gonna get healthy and come back at a MUCH lighter weight and a much healthier weight. I got a great wife and 2 kids who need me here for as long as possible.

I just wanna thank my GREAT spotters for the last 2 meets. 5 out of 6 attempts went right to my belly and 3 of those 5 were pretty nasty. And thanks to all of you guys for being so cool!!!!

Now lets see if I can get my ass skinny :)

Wolfy!!!!

Travis if you still got the vids of this week you can post them to show everyone how not to bench :)

We all have good days & bad days during competition. Definitely, you'll come out on top again. Yes, family is more important:thumbup:

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Rob Luyando
04-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Man who was that sexy bald man judging?

Congrats to both George and Jay! Awesome to see the legend in action!

Mike we already talked. You know what you have to do. Keep your head up and everything will fall into place.

bigbadwolfe
04-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Man who was that sexy bald man judging?

Congrats to both George and Jay! Awesome to see the legend in action!

Mike we already talked. You know what you have to do. Keep your head up and everything will fall into place.

Me and Jay talked tonight, I'll be out to see ya when I'm ready to get back in action :)