PDA

View Full Version : are dairy products like eggs and milk bad for acne?

Vicioustorms
04-19-2008, 01:11 PM
I have bad acne on my cheeks and chin and I have started drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar three times a day in a glass of water and the marks are starting to fade but im just wondering if dairy products will intefere and make it worse or stop the acv from working?

i really like milk and eggs so i dont want to eliminate them from my diet...

bjohnso
04-19-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't know, but eggs are not a dairy product.

So you think that drinking apple cider vinegar is really helping? I tried that for a while but gave up - it was just too disgusting, even for me. If it really does something than I'd be willing to suck it up.

qjohnny2000
04-19-2008, 04:49 PM
I have bad acne on my cheeks and chin and I have started drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar three times a day in a glass of water and the marks are starting to fade but im just wondering if dairy products will intefere and make it worse or stop the acv from working?

i really like milk and eggs so i dont want to eliminate them from my diet...

You want to get rid of acne, go on a drug called accutane, it is by prescription only. If that doesn't work nothing will. It is a damn powerful drug but works like magic.

bcraig5509
04-19-2008, 05:08 PM
I had really bad acne for several years. I tried everything. That Proactive stuff, several prescription drugs, and countless soaps. Nothing worked. I think it all comes down to hormones and junk, and eventually you'll just out grow it.

Reko
04-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Yea at age 16, just about everyone has bad acne. just wash up as best you can and take advantage of the hormones you've got. I had some prescription stuff that i dabbed on my face (like those dot pains kind of) and it worked real well. Don't recall what it was called but i would recognize the name i bet.

I wouldn't worry about the eggs or dairy. You're 16, you will have acne now matter what you eat. Its just the nature of puberty.

rql
04-19-2008, 05:47 PM
why don't you try to take glutathione in a study they say it protect the liver and will give you great skin complexion.

qjohnny2000
04-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I had really bad acne for several years. I tried everything. That Proactive stuff, several prescription drugs, and countless soaps. Nothing worked. I think it all comes down to hormones and junk, and eventually you'll just out grow it.

did you ever take that accutane pill ? the one you take once a day and your lips start cracking and your skin gets soo dry it starts flaking.. and your bench press drops like 10lbs.. that's what i took. they don't give it to women as well because it can cause birth defects.

VERTIGO210
04-20-2008, 05:43 AM
did you ever take that accutane pill ? the one you take once a day and your lips start cracking and your skin gets soo dry it starts flaking.. and your bench press drops like 10lbs.. that's what i took. they don't give it to women as well because it can cause birth defects.

I agree Accutane is some serious stuff. My face would dry up so bad it would literally crack when I smiled. Eventually I stopped taking accutane, I could not deal with the side effects. Perhaps they have a milder dosage available now, its been over 10 years since I last tried it.

BFGUITAR
04-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Milk and eggs have very little to do with acne. Your young, chances are its the hormones. For me it was a genetic problem that was solved with accutane (best drug on the market for acne).