PDA

View Full Version : Credit card processing...

VikingWarlord
04-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Just out of curiosity, have you changed the way you process card payments? All of a sudden, after about a year and a half of ordering from AtLarge, my bank flagged my latest order and froze my account.

I'm trying to figure out what happened so it doesn't happen again because it screwed me pretty bad.

chris mason
04-20-2008, 01:23 AM
No, not at all.

The only thing I can think of is that we have heard a few times that certain banks have us flagged as some kind of a fraudulent site. We have never been contacted about it, but I suspect a couple of possibilities:

- We have had people order using stolen credit cards. We have caught it each time and refunded their monies, but who knows, that could be it.

- There is a company selling a product called Thermocerin (very close to our Thermocin). That company puts people on an auto billing program and keeps shipping them product. It is a total pain in the ass because that company is HARD to reach and people end up emailing or calling us thinking we sell the product. I am willing to bet some idiot thought we were them and reported us for something that company did.

VikingWarlord
04-20-2008, 09:28 AM
It could be. It just irritates me that I've been buying stuff from ALN for about a year and a half and the bank NOW decides there's a problem.

Oh well, thanks.

Joe Black
04-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Let us know what they say if you can.

VikingWarlord
04-20-2008, 01:14 PM
If I figure it out, I definitely will.