PDA

View Full Version : Anabolics in powerlifting? just curious

Barnabus
04-19-2008, 04:21 PM
I hope no one takes this thread in offense I was just wondering about a few things. Are there drugs tests for professional lifters like there are in most other professional sports or is it more like bodybuilding everyone's on them but no one says anything?

Sidior
04-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I hope no one takes this thread in offense I was just wondering about a few things. Are there drugs tests for professional lifters like there are in most other professional sports or is it more like bodybuilding everyone's on them but no one says anything?

There are different power lifting federations. Some test for anabolics, some don't.

Chris Rodgers
04-19-2008, 04:25 PM

Like most other lifters/athletes/bodybuilders, etc., there are tested competitions and non-tested. There are some people who lie and cheat and some who don't give a crap either way. Some people get caught trying to lift in tested feds while on and some who don't get caught. There are drug free lifters who lift in non-tested feds. It's all a personal choice.

drew
04-21-2008, 05:42 AM
There are also some feds that hold separate records for tested/non-tested.

thewicked
04-21-2008, 08:02 AM
as others have said it depends on the fed..but trust in that people will always try to get aroudn the drug tests. THis is why I always tell people to compete with yourself and always try to do better than the last time and not worry about the other lifters...let them worry about you. I have been told by numerous SOLID sources in the open and untested feds that if you want a chance to be at the top..you've got to do what the top guys do and that's use. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers and I know there are some top level pro's that are pro's for a reason..they're freaks and mutants and simply not human. Just take it all with consideration..there's always users...the choice is yours wether or not to do it.