PDA

View Full Version : anyone else do this?

Lones Green
04-20-2008, 12:12 PM
lately i've been writing my workouts for the upcoming week on large sticky notes and posting them on my mirror, so when i wake up it's one of the first things i see. i run through my training sessions and hit the gym with a plan. for the most part, i know when i'm ready for a new PR. it's not a set in stone plan, i may stray from it a bit every now and then. it really does help keep me organized though.

Ben Moore
04-20-2008, 12:34 PM
No, but I need to. It would allow me to be more focused going in.

jbrin0tk
04-20-2008, 12:41 PM
i know when i'm ready for a new PR.

How do you know when you are ready for a new PR? I'm not doubting you, man; I'm just curious as to what you mean by that. Thanks.

Lones Green
04-20-2008, 03:09 PM
How do you know when you are ready for a new PR? I'm not doubting you, man; I'm just curious as to what you mean by that. Thanks.

over the few years i've been lifting, i'm beginning to understand what my body responds to, and what it dosent respond to. if i hit a 455 x 3 on a box squat in briefs, and i only felt comfortable doing 2 reps the week or weeks before i know next week i can probably go for a PR. 90% of the time i make the lift i was going for. its just a matter of looking back and seeing what works for YOURSELF, not picking a routine out of flex because it works for jay cutler.

/endrant

Xellarz
04-20-2008, 03:28 PM
I've found that if I have a workout written up (or atleast outlined), I'm less likely to be a pussy and quit when I get tired. I usually try to finish what I had written down.

I think it's good, man.

Travis Bell
04-20-2008, 03:48 PM
I know what I'm going to do every time I walk through the gym doors. That way I spend less time screwing around just guessing what I should do next. I pick specific exercises for a specific purpose that almost always has something to do with my bench

Only time I don't pick out what I'm going to do is Wednsdays, I usually talk it over with Greg or Lou and see what they'd like me to do

Lones Green
04-20-2008, 04:22 PM
I know what I'm going to do every time I walk through the gym doors. That way I spend less time screwing around just guessing what I should do next. I pick specific exercises for a specific purpose that almost always has something to do with my bench

Only time I don't pick out what I'm going to do is Wednsdays, I usually talk it over with Greg or Lou and see what they'd like me to do

thats awesome, i have a few guys at cell block like that. 1000+ pound squatters, i'll do whatever they tell me haha.