PDA

View Full Version : ETS vs Micro-Lactin + Multi-Vitamin

SMK41
04-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I was thinking about getting some ETS to try out with my next ALN order. After looking at the ingredients for ETS it looks like basically some multi-vitamin type stuff (vit C+E, magnesium, zinc) and micro-lactin. You get 240 pills for $36. It seems like the ingredient which is giving people the most benefit is the micro-lactin.

So I looked online and found out you can buy a bottle of 240 Micro-Lactin pills for $15.

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-MicroLactin

It looks to be the same amount of micro-lactin per bottle as ETS.

So my question for the ALN staff is if I'm already taking a multi-vitamin, what benefit is there to me buying ETS that I'm not aware of vs just buying these micro-lactin pills? It doesn't seem like it could be a quality difference since it seems like all micro-lactin is produced by Stolle Milk Biologics.

chris mason
04-21-2008, 08:11 PM
If you match the formula exactly you will be fine. Each ingredient is included at a specific dose for a reason. It certainly is much easier to get ETS.

Sidior
04-21-2008, 10:11 PM
I was thinking about getting some ETS to try out with my next ALN order. After looking at the ingredients for ETS it looks like basically some multi-vitamin type stuff (vit C+E, magnesium, zinc) and micro-lactin. You get 240 pills for $36. It seems like the ingredient which is giving people the most benefit is the micro-lactin.

So I looked online and found out you can buy a bottle of 240 Micro-Lactin pills for $15.

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-MicroLactin

It looks to be the same amount of micro-lactin per bottle as ETS.

So my question for the ALN staff is if I'm already taking a multi-vitamin, what benefit is there to me buying ETS that I'm not aware of vs just buying these micro-lactin pills? It doesn't seem like it could be a quality difference since it seems like all micro-lactin is produced by Stolle Milk Biologics.
For what it's worth I have found using ETS helped my recovery significantly. I have also tried using microlactin by itself and did not feel or notice any difference. I am also not sponsored by AtLarge as I know that can lead to some bias with reviews.

chris mason
04-21-2008, 10:16 PM
For what it's worth I have found using ETS helped my recovery significantly. I have also tried using microlactin by itself and did not feel or notice any difference. I am also not sponsored by AtLarge as I know that can lead to some bias with reviews.

Thanks for your thoughts!

txmike1
04-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Another "un-sponsored" opinion of ETS....

After my workout friday I was a little sore, took saturday off, then did a ton of walking (went to the zoo) on sunday....this morning my legs wanted to kill me. I was like WTF, why am I sore? Then it hit me, I haven't taken ETS since friday morning (taking so many pills it seems like right now I forgot those! DOH) Popped 4 this morning, no soreness tonight.

And BTW, I've never had DOMS disappear during the day before, I do a lot of squatting/kneeling at work and when my legs are sore it has always taken sleep and a few days to go away.

Gotta move my ETS to the front of my pill selection so I don't forget it again! :D

Notorious
04-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I have not taken ETS, but I have taken a generic microlactin and had problems digesting it (pills would come out in my crap).

HahnB
04-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I have not taken ETS, but I have taken a generic microlactin and had problems digesting it (pills would come out in my crap).

Microlactin comes in powder form.

Notorious
04-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Microlactin comes in powder form.

I'm sure it does, but he was talking about getting pills. Just sayin, I'm pretty sure ETS is in capsules, where you would not have my problem.

Then again, I'm sure you can also buy Microlactin capsules.

method115
04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm sure it does, but he was talking about getting pills. Just sayin, I'm pretty sure ETS is in capsules, where you would not have my problem.

Then again, I'm sure you can also buy Microlactin capsules.

Even the pills come in powder forms there sealed in a pill cap(whatever those things our called).

I have taken microlactin and it really really helped me with severe sleep problems I had. I would wake up constantly throughout the night and never felt like I got a complete nights sleep. About a week or two weeks after taking Microlactin I would have nice dreams and sleep throughout the night, after finishing the bottle my sleep patterns remained normal.

This has happened to me about 3 times total in about 4 years every single time I would take Microlactin and it would stop.

thewicked
04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
i'm sure you can buy it seperately and put it all together and sure it might be cheaper...but i know for a fact ETS works so why change it. Plus quality of the ingredients comes into question...

it's like protien..it's all protien..but quality is key. That's why i stick with ALN

Hatred
04-22-2008, 05:59 PM
And that's the damn truth..

ACaslow
05-02-2008, 07:08 AM
ETS is not necessarily just a multi-vit.. Like Chris said, it's a combination of the right minerals at the right amounts that makes the product worthwhile.

ETS is a staple of my supplement regime. Has been and will continue to be for some time.

Ben Moore
05-02-2008, 04:55 PM
ETS is a Godsend for my sleep!!!