PDA

View Full Version : Tongue Sores/ Inflamed Taste Buds

yankeekd25
04-21-2008, 08:43 PM
These painful little buggers appeared on my tongue 1-2 days ago, and they are very annoying. Anyone have any household cures for them? I think I got them because I ate a lot of fruit at one time, and killed my sweet taste buds.

Hatred
04-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Lay off the amphetamines,

Cirino83
04-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Lay off the amphetamines,

and/or dirty girls.

Mik
04-22-2008, 08:35 AM
and/or dirty girls.

ROFL!!!!!

Damnit coffee on the monitor again!

Ben Moore
04-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I was going to say, leave the strange alone for a while.

Hemera
04-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Well I would suggest seeing a doctor. I am a nurse...and I couldnt tell you what it is...butyou may want to try to gargle with half peroxide and half water to get rid of whatever bacteria is in there.....still if its that bad see a doctor.

yankeekd25
04-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Weird coincidence. I went to the potty this morning, and they started to hurt less. I think it's related to my stomach. It's going away. Not too worried now.

Hemera
04-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Do you have acid reflux?

yankeekd25
04-23-2008, 10:50 AM
My parents do. Is it hereditary?

Hemera
04-24-2008, 09:34 AM
That is still debatable, science doesnt knwo yet. As far though as you. Do you eat late at night then go ot sleep? DO you eat food that would cause high acid levels? Do you have a lot of stress, to the point it makes you sick. A lot of things can cause Gerd/Aci Reflux. Medications, etc.

MihalikPJ
04-24-2008, 10:05 AM
I have GERD and I dont know if there is a direct relationship between that and inflamed taste buds and saliva secretion glands.

I get them everyonce and a while what I do is just break them open with my teeth and then they go away problem solved. My dentist said that they were normal, and usually go away after a short peroid; however, if they become a problem you would be better off visting a doctor.

yankeekd25
04-24-2008, 10:28 AM
That is still debatable, science doesnt knwo yet. As far though as you. Do you eat late at night then go ot sleep? DO you eat food that would cause high acid levels? Do you have a lot of stress, to the point it makes you sick. A lot of things can cause Gerd/Aci Reflux. Medications, etc.

No. I think it was just from eating a lot of sweet fruits. I hadn't in a long time, and I guess I had a bad reaction to it.

AKMass
04-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Pineapples and Walnuts give me this problem...Always goes away quickly though.

tongue
03-26-2010, 01:59 AM
Are there any kinds of foods that you would recommend eating while having tongue sores? Things that shouldn't agitate them..and on the other hand, perhaps some kinds of foods that might even be useful in healing the tongue sores (perhaps they have some vitamins).

d'Anconia
03-27-2010, 07:26 AM
So they are tongue sores and not on the roof of your mouth, right? I mention this because sometimes when I get really dehydrated (usually after a night of doing ecstasy at a rave and not drinking enough water) my salivary glands are literally empty and it completely ****s up my mouth. Seriously one of the most painful things ever to eat food at that point. Even sipping watter was difficult once the bumps showed up. So if you haven't already then try gulping down some H20.

Titanium_Jim
03-29-2010, 12:14 AM
This will happen any time you eat too much of anything that is acidic, salty, or sour. It is mildly painful, mostly annoying and seemingly takes a long time to go away. When I was at summer camp in boy scouts, there were a couple summers I ate so many mega warheads that this happened to my tongue, and then I didn't stop, and my tongue actually started to peel. A bit of a disgusting thought, but I was fascinated by it.

My advice is, stay away from acidic (fruit), sour, salty, and overly sweet foods until it goes away.

Patz
03-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Just in case it's related..

Crest Pro Health mouthwash will cause major tongue irritation in many people. It's well-documented online, and Crest even admitted they're aware of it but their main ingredient is a solution for some people that can't handle regular mouthwash. I forget why that is.

Anyway..I used it and my tongue was a mess for a couple weeks before I realized what was causing it.

yankeekd25
04-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Weird.....

This thread was made in 08 by me and it was brought back 2 years later...

Ironically, yesterday I ate a **** ton of salt and vinegar chips and got a sore on my tongue....

anonymous1
04-07-2010, 11:44 AM
It is one of the body's alarm systems to tell you that you've screwed up somewhere.

Another extremely common one is cracked skin on the corners of your mouth.

It signals an allergy or some kind of imbalance. It is a generic response, though...so keep in mind it will happen on account of many different triggers even though the same symptom shows up.