PDA

View Full Version : Steak Topping

RedSpikeyThing
04-22-2008, 05:57 PM
I went to The Keg a while ago and had a steak that came with bruschetta on top. I decided to have a steak tonight and remade it with great success.

Bruschetta Topping
1 Tomato, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
feta cheese

Directions
Mix everything except cheese in a bowl. Place on top of grilled steak and top with feta.

Notes
I kept the steak plain by seasoning it with just salt and pepper. This was enough for one 14 oz steak, so adjust accordingly. As always, fresh herbs are better and I highly recommend using them if you have them around.

Shouse94
04-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Sounds awesome, I'll have to remember this one.

Ben Moore
04-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Very nice! I'll have to do this with the KC Strips I have in the freezer!

Mik
04-23-2008, 08:32 AM
I am so making this this weekend. Thanks Spikey!

Dave Schwab
05-03-2008, 01:10 PM
I know what I'll be doing with my steak tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe, sounds excellent.

gladiator_75
05-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Niceeeeeeeeeee

BigTA1982
05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
do you stab the steak with a fork on both sides to let the flavor sink into the steak?

RedSpikeyThing
05-08-2008, 04:55 PM
do you stab the steak with a fork on both sides to let the flavor sink into the steak?

no I didn't do that, but it might be pretty good to do after the steak is done cooking. I prefer the juices in my steak though :)

BigTA1982
05-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Yea I like to put the sauce on the steak and then stab on both sides with a fork to let it soak in. I put in fridge for 30 minutes and then cook. Works great for me.

BG5150
05-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Yea I like to put the sauce on the steak and then stab on both sides with a fork to let it soak in. I put in fridge for 30 minutes and then cook. Works great for me.
The bruschetta goes on AFTER the steak is cooked. It's not a steak sauce. Have you ever had bruschetta before?

http://services.spservices.sg/images/cs_lifestyle_recipes_s-snacks_bruschetta.jpg

Cirino83
05-12-2008, 12:35 PM
^^ LOL BG why do you have RBB's avatar?

anyways the recipe sounds delicious. Will give it a shot sometime.

Edit: never mind, must have been a glitch. :confused:

Oak_strikeback
06-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm going to start by stating that I am a head cook at a Keg location. You would be talking about the Mediterranean Steak Sandwich, an item on the lunch "specials" menu that sells for $19.45. It is a 8oz Sirloin, topped with a Tomato Basil Salsa and Feta Cheese (though Goat Cheese tastes better on it IMO). Unfortunately for you, I shouldn't really get into too much more details than that, other than the fact that your recipe looks quite good. :)

RedSpikeyThing
06-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm going to start by stating that I am a head cook at a Keg location. You would be talking about the Mediterranean Steak Sandwich, an item on the lunch "specials" menu that sells for $19.45. It is a 8oz Sirloin, topped with a Tomato Basil Salsa and Feta Cheese (though Goat Cheese tastes better on it IMO). Unfortunately for you, I shouldn't really get into too much more details than that, other than the fact that your recipe looks quite good. :)

LOL that's freaking awesome! I guess I wasn't too bar off with my recipe :p

Oak_strikeback
06-23-2008, 04:35 PM
LOL that's freaking awesome! I guess I wasn't too bar off with my recipe :p

Well, I can see a few things that could be changed, but really, if you enjoy yours, why change it? And really, its close enough. :P