PDA

View Full Version : Diet Is Horrible Help Me!!!!

JFIII
04-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Im 20 years old and weigh about 200 lbs at about 6' 2". I have been training for about three years now. I would say that I am above the average person at the gym (bench max 335 and squat max 400) but I want to take it to the next level!! I have never really followed any diet, and basically ate what I wanted when I wanted. But I've plateaued and I believe to reach my full potential I will have to take my diet and rest more seriously!!! I am completely new at moderating my diet and I am looking for any suggestions for my situation. I workout about 4-5 days a week with chest back and lower body split. I recently had surgery and couldn't lift for two looonngg months, and I lost about thirty pounds and I figured now is a good time to start the journey. I don't want to gain too much weight (because I really gain weight very easily) and I would like to be somewhat cut for summer. Any suggestions or planned diet info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Klotz
04-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Read stuff by John Berardi. He's the master of workout nutrition.

To summarize, eat lots of meat, fish, eggs, fruits, vegetables, nuts and other natural foods. Eat every 3 hours or so.

JFIII
04-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Read stuff by John Berardi. He's the master of workout nutrition.

To summarize, eat lots of meat, fish, eggs, fruits, vegetables, nuts and other natural foods. Eat every 3 hours or so.

Does eating a lot of small meals really help that much?

BFGUITAR
04-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Does eating a lot of small meals really help that much?

If you feel more comfortable eating many smaller meals than do so. In terms of progress, it doesn't really matter.

Bergs
04-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Lots of small meals helps mainly with satiety. Some also say it helps with blood glucose levels. Others say it helps raise the metabolism, though there's less evidence for that.

Aslin
04-24-2008, 01:15 PM
you can squat some crazy ****.