PDA

View Full Version : Mayday food bar help to gain weight?

arya6000
04-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Hello

I used a online calorie counter to determine how much celeries I need per day to gain weight, the counter said if I eat more than 2500 calories per day I will gain about 1 pound a week and if I eat 3000 calories per day with some weight lifting I can gain much faster. So I started searching for high calorie bars and I found something called "Mayday food bar" it has 3600 Calories. Will this work? it says its for Emergency & Survival situations, If you want you can put that in google and see it, I won't put the link since some might think I'm spamming since its my first post here. Please give me you opinion on this.

Thank You

fooz
04-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Probably tastes like crap.

Genacide
04-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Horrible idea for trying to get extra calories, way to much fat. This "bar actually weights 27oz.

BTW:
Ingredients: Enriched Flour, Vegetable Shortening, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Soy Flour, Cornstarch, Potassium Sorbate, (Vitamins listed above), Artificial Lemon Flavoring, Artificial Vanilla Flavoring, Artificial Butter Flavoring, Artificial Coloring (Egg Shade).

No Thanks

arya6000
04-23-2008, 03:08 PM
The reason I want to try it is because I'm too skinny for my hight and I have tried everything, I used to eat 6 meals a day including sometimes 3 tunas a day and I went to the gym every other day, I did this for 2 years the first year I gained about 15 pounds and the second year not even 1 pound, I always felt sick since I always tried to be full. Eating 5000 calories a day has to work right?

fooz
04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Your obviously not eating enough... no matter how fast your metabolism is you can still gain weight. Eat more and you'll be fine. 2 - 3 hours eat... force your self and you should never be hungry throughout the day. Make sure your not eating **** either, and MAKE sure your getting enough protein in your diet. About 1.5 g per, I think lean muscle mass pound, or straight per pound.