PDA

View Full Version : Questionable calorie intake v.s. workout

JWick
04-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey guys,

I have a quickk question on what you think about my diet, to be straight forward im waking up sore and seem to not have enough energy to complete my routines. I will just make a short run through of my average meal and food intake during the course of a given day.(for example, yesterday):

:1st meal:
6 egg whites
1 glass of v8 fusion
strawberry yogurt

:2nd meal:
sliced ham
celery
banana

:3rd meal:
protein shake
sliced turkey
cottage cheese

:4th meal:
talapia fish filet
cottage cheese
post-workout protein shake

Just a round-about of what i'm taking in. I am in a weight-losing phase attempting to drop from my current 235 to somewhere around 220 or so.
And again im just curious on whether i am not getting enough calories/protein to be able to maintain a solid workout. Thanks for your time and any help is very appreciated!!

dumbbell
04-23-2008, 08:11 PM
I would suggest checking out the fitday website. It really helps eliminating all the guesswork involved in calorie intake.

RedSpikeyThing
04-23-2008, 08:29 PM
use fitday to get the total amount of carbs, protein, fat and calories you're consuming and post it here. Depending on how hard you're cutting calories, I wouldn't expect to be making strength gains.

JWick
04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
thanks for the suggestion on the site, ill check it out asap. and yeah i realize the lift gains wont be evident or even there at all just focusing on maintaining the majority of the muscle while slimming down.

Slim Schaedle
04-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey guys,

to be straight forward im waking up sore and seem to not have enough energy to complete my routines.

You've got maybe 50 grams total carbohydrates per day.

I would start there if you are concerned about energy, or hop of some good stimulants.

Aslin
04-24-2008, 01:06 PM
dude that seems really low. At first glance i think you could do with more of everything.

JWick
04-24-2008, 03:07 PM
lol im on adderall xr not sure if u all know what that is but ****s hell of a appetite supressant

Slim Schaedle
04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
lol im on adderall xr not sure if u all know what that is but ****s hell of a appetite supressant

Well, the answer to your question remains the same.

You are likely not eating enough carbohydrate.

JWick
04-25-2008, 01:21 AM
and what kind of food should i throw into my diet which wont hurt me in the long run (im in a cutting phase currently)