PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight - a little advice please

beast-2k8
04-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Hi, thought I should finally register here, been lurking around here and there for the past couple of months.

I'll just do a quick intro:

Basically I wanted to lose weight, so in mid December decided to join the gym.

I weighed 96.8 kg and now weigh 71.9 kg, I'm quite happy but still want to trim and tone and then head to the 'medium-sized built tank' look :evillaugh:

I am currently doing cardio exercises only (running and cross-training) and the occasional 15-20 random press-ups which I just started in the last couple of weeks. Reason: alot of people advising, "can't lose and build at the same time".

I have a few questions to ask the pros:

I am concentrating on keeping the carbs low and usually eating alot of protein (chicken, tuna and eggs etc).

Just recently I've been hooked onto oats, as I don't feel hungry if I have some oats lol. Just wanted to know if I should watch my intake on these ?

Secondly, I recently started to feel constipated :D, whats the remedy for this ? I thought the oats would provide the fiber intake, doesn't seem to be working :confused:

My questions may sound stupid, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

beast-2k8
04-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Have I posted this in the wrong section or asked something that is just plain stupid ??:confused:

Slim Schaedle
04-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Secondly, I recently started to feel constipated :D, whats the remedy for this ? I thought the oats would provide the fiber intake, doesn't seem to be working :confused:

How long has it been since you pooped?

beast-2k8
04-25-2008, 03:36 AM
3 days :(

timmins
04-25-2008, 05:39 AM

Brown bread does the trick for me, if this doesn't work - try taking a Vitamin B Complex tablet (it contains loads of yeist - that will make u poop)

This is from experience :) (p.s dont do laxatives - theyre bad)

Slim Schaedle
04-25-2008, 08:06 AM

Increase water intake.

25-35 grams soluble/insoluble fiber per day.

Laxatives if that doesn't work.

Doctor if that doesn't.

beast-2k8
04-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Brown wholemeal bread works, feel so much better lol

Thanks guys

timmins
04-26-2008, 05:08 AM
Brown wholemeal bread works, feel so much better lol

Thanks guys

Not a problem dude:thumbup:

curiosity