PDA

View Full Version : Best fat burning foods to eat.

ktuck25
04-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Im not over weight i just have a little extra fat i want to burn off so i can have a little better showing core. What are some good fat burning foods?
Kyle

Notorious
04-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Eat less. There's no such thing as a fat burning food. Protein is more thermodynamic, but the difference probably isn't significant.

Progress
04-24-2008, 10:27 AM
A fat burning food, eh?

Mik
04-24-2008, 12:16 PM
A fat burning food, eh?

You haven't heard? In conjunction with toning exercises you'll be shredded in no time! :)

To the OP: what Notorious said. There is no "magical" food. It's simply a matter of reducing your calories or increasing energy used.

Aslin
04-24-2008, 12:58 PM
yep, just come up with a good cutting diet with all the necessary ****.

Chris32431
04-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Reduce your calorie intake a little

Hatred
04-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Im not over weight i just have a little extra fat i want to burn off so i can have a little better showing core. What are some good fat burning foods?
Kyle

And here's your real response since everyone else said what I would have for the first ten responses.

Your body gains and loses weight according to the law of thermodynamics.
It is a LAW. Not an Option, not one way to lose weight among many,a law.
It works like this.
A Kcal is a unit of energy.
There are 3500 cals in a pound of bodyfat.
If you eat 2000 cals and burn 2000 cals in a day you remain the exact same weight.

If you eat 3000 cals and burn 2000 cals in a day you will gain weight and in fact you will gain a pound every 3 and a half days. (remember 3500?)

If you eat 1500 cals and burn 2000 you will lose weight. In fact you will lose a pound every seven days.

So you need to know two things.
1. What it takes for you to maintain your weight.
2. YOU need to know that you need to count your calories.

Bergs
04-24-2008, 01:51 PM
That, of course, begs the question, how do you know how many calories you are burning per day? Which, of course, begs the question, what factors into how many calories you are burning per day? As we all know, this has to do with a combination of your metabolism and physical expenditure of energy.

So... if there were foods that raise your metabolism, then these would be considered "fat burning" foods, no?

While I doubt the validity of some site like http://www.101fatburningfoods.com/ , I wouldn't be surprised if there are, in fact, foods that raise your metabolism. I've heard claims that raspberries as well as red wine may have this effect. We also know that green tea (or green tea extract) helps raise your body temperature and therefore helps burn fat...

Hatred
04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
By how much? maybe you'll burn an extra 10-30 100 cals a day? You're just going to confuse the guy. You are talking suppositions and I'm talking Scientific Law. How can you measure how many you burn?
Well, one way is a metabolic chamber at a university.
another way is a bodybugg which is pretty accurate.
the way most use is track everything you eat.
track everything you do.
Wanna gain and you are not? eat more\move less (generally seen as a bad idea unless you aere eliminating a ton of cardio)
Wanna lose and you are not? Eat less\move more

Keep it simple in the beginning, Ktuck.
track what you normally eat now for 2 weeks in Fitday, don't change anything just enter it.
this should give you your maintenance.

Bergs
04-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Oh, I wasn't saying that eating some of those foods would offset a terrible diet or even have a noticeable effect, just that there are (probably) foods that do in fact "burn fat."

As always, the best way to lose weight is to set priorities: first get all your boulders in the barrel, then the rocks, then the pebbles, then the sand, then the water. "Fat Burning foods" probably fall in the 'water' category. Kudos to those of you who understand my analogy =p (ie. if you put the water in first, there's no room for the boulders)

ktuck25
05-09-2008, 09:52 AM
thanks guys

BFGUITAR
05-09-2008, 12:59 PM
You should be asking what are some fat burning chemicals. That is the first step. Next look for things that contain those chemicals.

Coffee does I know that. There are plenty of phytochemicals that probably contribute so fat loss... How much I don't know.

Im sure a salad with ephedra plants would be nice :)

Deathwish
05-12-2008, 12:39 AM
lol eating a salad with ephedra plants sounds a bit scary

Guido
05-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Fish Oil is one thing that's been anectodally proven to help with nutrient partitioning and helping fat loss. It's certainly not anything close to a miracle food that's going to melt fat off your body by itself. There is imply nothing that will do that on it's own. There are thermogenics that can help, too, but there is simply no way tht any of it will make up for an otherwise bad diet.

kevowamo
05-12-2008, 02:55 PM
protein does take ~150% the amount of energy to digest and break down as carbs and fat does. so my take would be high protein foods

11not10
05-16-2008, 01:27 AM
By how much? maybe you'll burn an extra 10-30 100 cals a day? You're just going to confuse the guy. You are talking suppositions and I'm talking Scientific Law. How can you measure how many you burn?
Well, one way is a metabolic chamber at a university.
another way is a bodybugg which is pretty accurate.
the way most use is track everything you eat.
track everything you do.
Wanna gain and you are not? eat more\move less (generally seen as a bad idea unless you aere eliminating a ton of cardio)
Wanna lose and you are not? Eat less\move more

Keep it simple in the beginning, Ktuck.
track what you normally eat now for 2 weeks in Fitday, don't change anything just enter it.
this should give you your maintenance.

brilliant!

Slim Schaedle
05-16-2008, 01:54 AM
protein does take ~150% the amount of energy to digest and break down as carbs and fat does. so my take would be high protein foods

I believe Alex (Belial) calculated it out and determined the difference to equate to a 1 pound loss over the course of several months.

In other words, insignificant.

BG5150
05-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Try the ice water diet:

Ice Water Diet (http://health.howstuffworks.com/question447.htm)

alien79
10-18-2009, 01:51 AM
There are lot of foods that can help burn fat like grapefruits, nuts, garlic.
You can read more about that at:

flatstomach-weightloss.com/fat_burning_foods.html

jp2
10-18-2009, 04:52 AM
shredded wheat!

machaf
10-18-2009, 05:07 PM
I was reading about certain foods that they call 'negative calorie' foods. They require more calories to digest than provide. Usually fruits and vegi's.

Not sure if its 100% true or not since I have no scientific evidence to back it up.

peatr99
10-18-2009, 06:24 PM
i believe cellery and lettuce take more to chew and digest than what they contain

hardBODmiranda
10-22-2009, 11:10 AM
You can also try these foods they are great to help you loss weight. The key here is to eat in moderation, Christopher Guerriero once told me that I need to eat low fat longevity foods like salmon almonds, red grapes, blueberries, garlic, spinach and whole grains.

steven1977
04-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Kyle

I think there are no food for burning fat. But you can do some exercise to burn your fat. If you want more information you can get from Burn Fat (http://secretstogettingbuff.com/)

JoshuaGaler
04-27-2010, 05:07 AM
I am facing same problem that you have. I am not a fat guy but a little bit looks when standing in front of mirror. This is really awesome thread and provide some good tips and guide to burn fat. I think still it depends on your body metabolism. So I suggest you to do some extra workout and loose weight instead of just changing diet plan.

The Gasman UK
04-30-2010, 07:45 AM
I don't think there's a single magic 'fat burning' food per se. But you can make dietary choices to push your metabolism up a little, (only a little). Spicey, hot foods, adding chillis to food you cook. Having a high protein intake, making sure what fats you get in are EFA,s fish oils, CLA and just enough saturated to support your hormonal functions. Drink ice water daily if you can. Eating high fibre foods will help. Generally the healthy bodybuilding diet will get you there.

Urbanski
05-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Drink boil water is best for fat burning. Drink more water and avoid soft drink. And drink at least eight cups of water per day.

camzilla
05-02-2010, 07:52 AM
I like to stick with real food when concentrating on losing a few lbs. Oatmeal in the morning, bananas through the day and a light dinner. I also like to generally staying a little hungry. This makes for a quick, effective and safe way to lose weight.

I have also lost a few lbs by using this appetite suppressant and colon cleansing product. www.winlotoja.com

VikingWarlord
05-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Jesus, this thread makes me want to slash my wrists.