PDA

View Full Version : Peanut-Butter on a cut?

ThomasG
04-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Mkay, I love adding peanut butter in my shakes and was told its great for muscle building. However, I looked at the nutrition label on the back and saw a lot of fat! Then again I was told you get good fats from peanut butter.

I'm not trying to lose weight but I'm trying to lower my bf% is peanut butter going harm this?

Also we have Jif in my house.

ray34iyf
04-24-2008, 07:31 PM
In order to lose BF%, you are most definitely going to have to lose weight. No way around it if you've been training for any significant length of time.
Also, you can eat anything you want on a cut..you just eat less of it. As long as you are getting enough protein and good fats and are in a caloric deficit, you're good.

dxiw
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Buy organic / natural peanut butter without the hydrogenated ****. I eat a ton during my cut. You can definitely use it as a source of "healthy" fats.

VikingWarlord
04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Fat is good. Anything can be eaten on a cut except hydrogenated oils which should never be eaten by anyone.

It's all about how much you eat.

I'm not sure who told you it's "great for muscle building" but that's a pretty dumb statement.

ray34iyf
04-24-2008, 08:19 PM
And if you don't want to buy natural pb, just go with jiffy or whatever. Honestly, worrying about the hydrogenated oils in your peanut butter is a perfect example of stressing out about nothing. You'll see absolutely no difference in your health/fitness using one over the other.

ThomasG
04-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the replys guys.

Does natural PB cost more than say your regular ol jif?

VikingWarlord
04-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Usually a little more. I buy the Skippy Creamy Natural. While it's not technically "natural peanut butter" because it also has sugar and a little palm oil, it's good and has less crap than most normal ones.

ray34iyf
04-24-2008, 09:07 PM
I agree on the Skippy Creamy Natural. Best tasting peanut butter I've ever had.

OGROK
04-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Natural peanut butter ****ing sucks so eat peanuts instead.\

You can't get healthier than unsalted peanuts.

Revo
04-24-2008, 10:58 PM
should be fine

Fixxit
04-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Alot of health food stores and bulk stores now have peanut butter maker machines. Ours charges the same amount for the peanuts as they do the fresh peanut butter. It is a little chunkier and dryer than most brands. but you know what is in there.

VikingWarlord
04-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Natural peanut butter ****ing sucks so eat peanuts instead.\

You can't get healthier than unsalted peanuts.

I'll bet you never had the Skippy.

Slim Schaedle
04-25-2008, 09:15 PM
In order to lose BF%, you are most definitely going to have to lose weight.

Actually, if you were 200 pounds at 10% bodyfat and added 20 pounds of lean mass, you would then be 9% bodyfat.

However unlikely it would be to gain 20 pounds of muscle with no fat, it would be possible to lose BF% without losing weight

:)

Aslin
04-26-2008, 06:45 AM
i'm not th biggest fan of cutting and bulking, i deal with tiny increases and decreases in my diet for desiered results.... Gaining 20lbs of LM without fat isnt impossible if you know what your doing.

VikingWarlord
04-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Gaining 20lbs of LM without fat isnt impossible if you know what your doing.

This suggests that it's possible to gain 20lbs of LBM if you don't know your ******* from your elbow.