PDA

View Full Version : Quick Diet Check

Griever14206
04-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm going to start WB 1.1 with a friend monday and I'm trying to get my diet information around. Here is what I have so far:

6'0" 162lbs
19 year old male
Daily Calories ~2500? (this seems a bit low)
Daily Protein 243 grams
Daily Carbs 250 grams, 62.5 @ breakfast, 62.5 after workout

I bought Nitrean and Creatine Caps. Is there anything in Nitrean that makes it superior to natural protein I can get from meats etc? How many shakes should I take a day? My current plan is one each day I workout, half ~30 mins before my workout, the other ~30 mins after.

Also, what sort of fat intake do I need (if at all). I've heard about people using Natural (Natty) Peanut Butter as a healthy fat, but is it neccesary?

I'm really unsure on the calorie intake. I went with the old 2000 calorie base that I learned in school, but when comparing my reccomended 2500 caloric intake while lifting to others I noticed its quite low.

Just to be clear I'm not looking to a professional weight lifter or an olympic athlete. I've seen people brag about eating ~3500 calories a day, but I don't want to cover up muscle with fat. I'm looking for a strong, well, developed body, not to be able to bench 400 lbs.

Tikiman
04-25-2008, 02:27 PM
I'll attempt to tackle the calorie intake. How active are you on a daily basis, (desk job? school? etc.), playing sports / cardio, or just lifting. How fast is your metabolism?

I'm not a bodybuilder by any means, but I weight in almost 30 pounds lighter than you, and eat about 3400 calories a day. The 2000 average could be you, or it could not be. It's a bit of trial and error, but often people are eating less than they should which has ill effects just like eating too much.

Healthy fat is a must, people often skimp on the fat intake. I upped mine over the past month and I actually got skinnier all around! Almonds, fish, peanut butter, all seem to contain healthy fats, as well as dairy products.

Griever14206
04-25-2008, 11:00 PM
I am a prep cook at a Country Club so I'm a) always carrying stuff, and b) always standing so I get quite a bit of activity. I'd say my metabolism is about average, I can't slam food without gaining weight, but losing weight isn't that hard for me.

I guess I'll need to do around ~3000 calories then. After reading some more I can't see 2500 being enough.