PDA

View Full Version : Need to Bulk please help

Need2BulkMAN
04-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Im sure this has been posted a million times but I cant seem to get the answers I want.

Background: I was going to the gym for about 4 months but due to money issues could not purchase new membership until now. I definately noticed results from the gym such as a gain of about 5-10 pounds and looked bigger. I wan't to gain weight and I have been told the following: Eat Chicken, Rice, Salads, Steak, Tuna, Fish and have 6 meals a day with only 3500+ calories. There alone enlies the problem 3500+ CALORIES? Even if I was eating all Fast Food I feel like I could only eat maybe 3 meals which would probably be only 3000 calories and it's all junk. My brother has some left over Leukic(Muscletech) and Mass-Tech(Muscletech) that he said I could have. I was also considering a product called Black Powder or NO Explode/Nano Vapor. I have trouble eating because I dont really get hungry and when I do I cant even eat that much. Also I would like to add that it seems as though I have extremely high metabalism because no matter what I eat I cant gain a pound.
Any advice on bulking / suppliment use would be much appriciated and sorry for the long story.

Bako Lifter
04-27-2008, 10:30 PM
It's hard for me to eat a lot too. Try drinking your calories, you can pound down a lot more that way. Look at my bako shake.

Need2BulkMAN
04-28-2008, 01:26 AM
Well for some reason that seems like it will give me a heart attack im not sure if i need to consult with a doctor before taking the bako shake lol.

curiosity
04-28-2008, 02:46 AM
eat foods that are calorie dense

eat oats raw with milk, nuts & seeds, peanut butter, spuds, olive oil, whole eggs etc etc

just up it slowly thats all

Need2BulkMAN
04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Okay, well people keep telling me to eat foods that are calorie dense, then why cant i just eat only mcdonalds for 5 months straight?

ProLogic
04-28-2008, 05:23 PM
I made the bad decision of buying weight gainer for extra calories.. food is cheaper.

Tikiman
04-28-2008, 06:12 PM
You could just eat mcdonalds, ever seen the movie Supersize Me? :omg:

The idea is to gain weight while maintaining a healthy diet. Eating is just a habit, those who say they're never hungry at certain times of the day etc. have just become accustomed to their behavior by habit. Force yourself to eat and eventually you're body will be used to it (unless you're shoveling down food to the point where you're sick).

cphafner
04-28-2008, 06:18 PM
3500 calories is nothing. Take a look at the stickies. Plenty of help in there of what foods to eat. Nothing wrong with a weight gainer if you can't "eat" enough solid foods. No need for the rest of the supplements at this point. Get the basics down first.

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99119

Need2BulkMAN
04-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Hmm read the article about the 15 pounds in a month and definatly got me intrested, I was thinking why not try doing all the suppliment information mixed with my regular routine but then thought about it and decided that I lifted for 4 months with my regular routine about 2-3hrs Mon, Wed, Fri which is probably nothing but I only yeilded 5-10 pounds of muscle and didnt really notice a difference so maybe I should take advice from someone who obviously knows what they are talking about. I just might add Bench in there because I really want to see results in my chest.

cphafner
04-28-2008, 07:33 PM
2-3 hours in the gym? Way too long.

T FLEX
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Click on the link at the bottom of my post. There are some food/meal ideas that are simple, inexpensive and easy to make. Once you gradually up your portion sizes or meal frequency, it will be easier to eat more often and more in a single setting. I had a hard time eating that much too but once I started I got hungrier more often real quick. Eventually your body will demand that you eat more and it will let you know when its time to eat again.

curiosity
04-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Okay, well people keep telling me to eat foods that are calorie dense, then why cant i just eat only mcdonalds for 5 months straight?
crap calories put simply. you get out what you put in. Maccie D's is cheap crap protein, hydrogenated fats and fast carbs, a good recipe for health problems

make protein bars with raw oats, peanut butter, flavoured whey and honey and nuts. thats an easy 800 or so cals right there

RhodeHouse
04-29-2008, 10:42 AM

You could. McDonald's helped me squat 930, bench 560, and pull 755. It's not as horrible as everyone says. A better plan is to use it as a piece of the puzzle, not the whole puzzle. I did something like this.

Breakfast
-Cheerios
-75g protein shake

Breakfast 2
-3 eggs
-ham steak
-toast

Snack
-75g protein shake

Lunch
-8oz of beef/chicken/pork
-pasta/potatoes/rice

Snack
75g protein shake

Dinner
-McDonald's
#1 w/ 2 4 piece mcnuggets, a large shake

Make sure to drink at least a gallon of Gatorade everyday, as well. Stay hydrated, especially with the high protein.

My dinner is late because I work in the evenings, but you can make it work for you. The key to victory while gaining is to get your protein to at least your bodyweight in grams. I'm 300lbs and my protein is between 350-400 per day. The high protein will help you keep from gaining too much fat, but you have to gain fat to gain muscle, so have at it. You only live once, so don't cry about bad food and clogged arteries. You're only using McDonald's for a short period of time. It'll work.

Need2BulkMAN
04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks For all the advice, I was thinking about my previous diet and realized that in some days I only eat 2 meals, so I may not even have really high metabalism its just that I dont eat enough. I have been counting my calories and trying to eat healthy although i will have to "cheat" sometimes and eat fast food just because I'm in a hurry alot. I have been trying to consume about 4000 calories but it has been hard, I have already noticed that I get hungry alot quicker now so I guess that is a good sign. Went to the gym and weighed in at 148 so that is my starting point I guess.

When I was going to the gym before I had a routine workout:
Mon-Wed-Fri
Bench : REPS OF 5, Pyramid workout 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1
Free Weight Curls: same as bench
150 Situps, within 3-5 sets
ISO-ROW: same as bench
Sometimes incline, sometimes decline
never really did anything with legs :hide:

I read up on the 15 pounds in 1 month thing and I got intrested in those workouts. I want to start doing chinups and standing military, and also dips..
I was also wondering about bench because I feel like i spend hours doing bench and dont really see any results... could this be due to the fact that im doing a bazillion sets?

borracho
04-30-2008, 03:08 PM
I can hear the stampede-a-comin :)

You should consider a differnet routine. Spend most of your time in the gym working on compound movements; squats (front squat, back squat, box squat) , dead lifts (sumo, conventional, wide grip, narrow grip), bench (DB, BB, flat, incline), add in some BB rows (under hand/over hand) , DB rows, seated rows with varrying grips, dips (body weight, weighted) , chins, pull ups... and then, go home and eat like a fat ass.

and then, be sure to get adequate sleep...specially before ya go to the gym. it wont do you any good if you are in a stooper the entire time you're in the gym if you're just walking around like a zombie..also it has helped me to take a small note pad and pre-write every thing I want to do that day...if I dont do some thing on the list, no biggie, if I change it, I just make sure to keep it logged..but it helps keep me on track and not just walking around aimlessly.

Need2BulkMAN
05-28-2008, 01:50 AM
Okay so its been about a month since I started lifting... what im doing:
I apologize in advance for not knowing the proper name for the workouts maybe someone can correct me :)
MON-WED-FRI: Bench, Flys(using dumbells), Dips(cant do weighted yet too weak :boring: ), dumbell curls, bar curls sitting down using the incline thingy(dont know name :P), situps on ball, and V-Shaped pulldown thing for triceps.
TUE-THURS: Squats, Leg Press(sometimes), T-Bar, lat pulldown, iso-row, pullups(non-weighted).

I started off eating a for lack of a better word ****load of food, most of it was somewhat healthy, probably adding 500-1500 cals a day more.

**** I gained 10 pounds and have received several compliments on my size already... it was surprising because I lifted for 3 months and no one said anything, as soon as I started to gain weight all the sudden I started getting compliments left and right. Also last week I started using NaNO Vapor which gives me a nice pump wether or not it really works (placebo effect) I still feel like I can do more so i'm psychologically prepared when I come in the gym to do more weight.
Thanks for all the help, I'll try and continue and keeping yall updated!