PDA

View Full Version : what to eat on ud2?

hintsas5
04-28-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm just wondering what are some of the meals that you guys/girls eat while on UD2..I am talking about the low carb days...I find my meals becoming repetitive, mornings i always am having eggs, and for lunch and dinner i am having chicken breasts, and tuna a lot...

So does ne1 have any recommendations for low carb meals that they know of? Just looking for a few ideas for some variety.

markdk86
04-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Get used to it being repetitive.

hintsas5
04-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Get used to it being repetitive.

haha, i was worried about that...ne1 have ne thing tho?

ryuage
04-28-2008, 05:12 PM
he gives meal recommendations in the book... its not hard..

eat protein

hintsas5
04-28-2008, 06:28 PM
he gives meal recommendations in the book... its not hard..

eat protein

yes i have read it...i was simply asking what others were doing, looking for a little variation that maybe i had overlooked... but thanks a lot for pointing out that i need to eat protein..you have been very insightful

ryuage
04-28-2008, 06:55 PM
np... glad I could clear up this brain science for you.

Progress
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Salmon (seasoned and baked/broiled/grilled) you can never go wrong
Lean steak (It's steak, who doesn't like it)
Chicken (stir fry?)
Tuna (lunch)
Cottage Cheese (lunch and mini/mid meals)
Milk (in small amounts)

Combine the protein with veggies and that's a meal from day 1-4.

hintsas5
04-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Chicken (stir fry?)
Tuna (lunch)
Milk (in small amounts)

that looks a lot like what i've been gettin in...i'll probably try to pick up some steak tho sometime this week..thanks.

Slim Schaedle
04-28-2008, 09:24 PM
I'll be straight up, and this might come off as dick-ish...

Asking for unique ideas is fine, but if you don't know what you can, cannot, should, and should not eat on UD2, you have no business trying to implement it.

To do it right, it's not something someone can just throw together with minimal training and dieting experience.

ryuage
04-28-2008, 11:16 PM
dish-ish or not its the truth... what is there to figure out... you eat low cal/low carb for 3...4 days. Dont make it harder then it has to be... throw some protein together and throw in some veggies and there you go.

natediesel
04-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Chicken (stir fry?)
Tuna (lunch)
Milk (in small amounts)

Good post. Would read again. Time to hunt for some cottage cheese.

hintsas5
04-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I'll be straight up, and this might come off as dick-ish...

Asking for unique ideas is fine, but if you don't know what you can, cannot, should, and should not eat on UD2, you have no business trying to implement it.

To do it right, it's not something someone can just throw together with minimal training and dieting experience.

Holy crap man, I was simply asking for unique ideas, that is all, at no point did i say i didnt know what to eat, or what i was doing...i'm not half assing it, I was simply asking for a few variations if anyone had any ideas.. I was not just simply throwing **** together...please read my original post.

hintsas5
04-29-2008, 10:46 AM
seriously all i tried to do was ask for a few variations of what others were eating..I read the book, i never said, " i have no idea what i'm doing, can i eat **** everyday?" I was simply asking what others were eating, cuz i was thinking maybe i was overlooking something fairly obvious...
Seriously why do people have to jump down some1's throat for asking a question relative to what this site is about....

Once again i'm sorry if my original post came off as " hey is it ok if i eat mcdonalds and bk everday as long as i dont train and have no idea what i'm doing?, will Ud2 still work with this?" .. I was simply asking for what others were trying out..

Slim Schaedle
04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Holy crap man, I was simply asking for unique ideas, that is all, at no point did i say i didnt know what to eat, or what i was doing...i'm not half assing it, I was simply asking for a few variations if anyone had any ideas.. I was not just simply throwing **** together...please read my original post.

That's why I said "if" you don't know.

I made no declaration that you did not.

HipX
04-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Yay testosterone!

hintsas5
04-29-2008, 06:19 PM
That's why I said "if" you don't know.

I made no declaration that you did not.

Oh, alright, well in that case i apologize, i figured u meant it another way.

Slim Schaedle
04-29-2008, 07:46 PM
On another note...I'm not sure how you guys get higher fat (unless you intentially bump it up) on M-Th.

After all my calculations, my depletion days only allow 25grams fat/day.

Gonzo
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Mon-Thurs
Breakfast has been protein shake made with water only
Lunch and dinner I have been eating grilled chicken mostly sometimes some salmon with either babyfield greens or steamed spinach.

I was surprized by the amount of carbs some vegtables contain like broccoli that is why i stick with the field greens or spinach.

The meals are repetitive but by the time I eat I am starving so i am just happy to be eating not so bothered by it being the same thing.

curiosity
04-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Mon-Thurs
Breakfast has been protein shake made with water only
Lunch and dinner I have been eating grilled chicken mostly sometimes some salmon with either babyfield greens or steamed spinach.

I was surprized by the amount of carbs some vegtables contain like broccoli that is why i stick with the field greens or spinach.

The meals are repetitive but by the time I eat I am starving so i am just happy to be eating not so bothered by it being the same thing.
make sure you subtract the fibre content from the total carb content to get the true figure.

Progress
04-30-2008, 06:45 PM
On another note...I'm not sure how you guys get higher fat (unless you intentially bump it up) on M-Th.

After all my calculations, my depletion days only allow 25grams fat/day.

Is there anything wrong with that? At around 1500/cals a day my macros break down to: 56g fat, 50g carbs, 190g protein.

Slim Schaedle
04-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Is there anything wrong with that? At around 1500/cals a day my macros break down to: 56g fat, 50g carbs, 190g protein.

There's nothing wrong that I am aware of.

It's just that none of my calculations ever came out to be that high.