PDA

View Full Version : This is getting frustrating

motor head
04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Ok so I found this site (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss/NU00195) that says to eat specific foods low in calories as to not take in to much energy which I have heard and makes sence but it says the best things to eat are breads and pasta etc (high carb stuff) which is packed full of "energy" right? So WTF... it also says to cut down on meat which is also the opposite of what Ive heard for loseing weight. I keep reading things that seem to contradict each other and in the mean time Im getting pretty hungry but dont know what to eat:bang: thanks for any help

Rogue
04-29-2008, 04:14 PM
You will find that many fad diets will contradict themselves over, and over again. My best advice to you is to eat foods that are natural and not processed. Fruits, vegetables, rice, lean red meats, and fish are just a few of the many natural foods you can eat to be healthy while you choose to either lose or gain weight. Quantities will determine your caloric needs so be sure to eat the appropriate portions towards your weight goal...

RedSpikeyThing
04-29-2008, 04:20 PM
You're overcomplicting tings. Eat whole, unprepared foods: fresh meat, vegetables, fruits, rice, pasta, etc. Read "What a bodybuilde eats" in the stickies I posted in your other thread. If you want to gain weight, eat more. If you want to lose weight, eat less. If you want to get bigger and lose fat, you're out of luck.

motor head
04-29-2008, 04:43 PM
haha, ya the last one (out of luck). I was thinking I could lose the gut (not alot, about 10 pounds?) and then work on getting bigger and gaining while keeping the stomach toned through exersize and working out. Im 150 5' 7". I have been eating whole for a while, I just eat too much. Im trying to cut back on amounts to reduce calorie intake while also avoiding carbs for an extra reduction of energy intake... all while working out and cardio exersizing. Sound good or way off???

RedSpikeyThing
04-29-2008, 06:07 PM
haha, ya the last one (out of luck). I was thinking I could lose the gut (not alot, about 10 pounds?) and then work on getting bigger and gaining while keeping the stomach toned through exersize and working out.
oh God, read te stickies PLEASE. YOU CAN NOT SPOT REDUCE.

motor head
04-29-2008, 06:26 PM
i understand that, Im just saying my stomach is the only fat area. so what else do you do besides lose it and then start working out to build muscle.

curiosity
04-30-2008, 11:09 AM
i understand that, Im just saying my stomach is the only fat area. so what else do you do besides lose it and then start working out to build muscle.
Listen and listen good

lean protei with every meal

starchy carbs around training

lift weights

do cardio

get in your efa's

plenty of fibrous veggies

patience

theres your recipe for success

Keith
04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Listen and listen good

He won't. Which is why he continues to ask.

curiosity
04-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Always worth a last ditch attempt though :)