PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update

SGT ROCK
04-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Ok bros...worse than I even thought...but NO WORRIES!

Grade 3 tear of the rectus femoris (quad) right down the middle of the quad

SEVERE tear of the quad where it inserts into the hip

Torn patella tendon

To repair the damage, 6 months out of commission including work etc.

I am seeing a sports ortho soon to get more insight. I CAN DEADLIFT! Squats....there is a "MYSTERY NUMBER" of weight that if I attempt it, it will retear COMPLETELY, it is still hanging on by a thread right now, and when it tears the knee will most likely let go as well. I have to stick to 135-225 forever on squats...but you know what...NO WORRIES BROS! I will do leg ext til I am blue in the face to pre exhaust my legs for squats, then do high rep squats deep. I can still do 45 degree back raise, pull throughs, leg curls.....I am STILL going to hit my goals in the DL. Adapt and overcome! You CANNOT let injuries ruin you day...always think positive. I am going to concentrate on HEAVY gms and core work. I always had a hard time balancing out heavy squats and dls, now the choice is already made for me so FORWARD MARCH!

Semper Fi

Lones Green
04-30-2008, 02:36 PM
wow, thats no joke. props for keeping such a good attitude.

Reko
04-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Good luck man, train as smart as you do hard and you will come out ahead.

Invain
04-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Good attitude, just be careful man. Not worth pushing it too hard and making things worse.

Dirk Pitt
04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Damn, that really sucks. Great attitude though, everything is mental and you will get past this, it will just take time.

Erik 23
04-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Ok bros...worse than I even thought...but NO WORRIES!

Grade 3 tear of the rectus femoris (quad) right down the middle of the quad

SEVERE tear of the quad where it inserts into the hip

Torn patella tendon

To repair the damage, 6 months out of commission including work etc.

I am seeing a sports ortho soon to get more insight. I CAN DEADLIFT! Squats....there is a "MYSTERY NUMBER" of weight that if I attempt it, it will retear COMPLETELY, it is still hanging on by a thread right now, and when it tears the knee will most likely let go as well. I have to stick to 135-225 forever on squats...but you know what...NO WORRIES BROS! I will do leg ext til I am blue in the face to pre exhaust my legs for squats, then do high rep squats deep. I can still do 45 degree back raise, pull throughs, leg curls.....I am STILL going to hit my goals in the DL. Adapt and overcome! You CANNOT let injuries ruin you day...always think positive. I am going to concentrate on HEAVY gms and core work. I always had a hard time balancing out heavy squats and dls, now the choice is already made for me so FORWARD MARCH!

Semper Fi

Hi sgt rock i am sorry to hear about your injury you are a great lifter. i thought i read that you were a christian and for that alone i admire you brother i am glad to have a fellow brother in christ in powerlifting hope you heal up soon id love to lift with you. i am a up and comer if you wanna see one of my lifts go to you tube and type in Erik's 700 lb Deadlift take care brother and Godbless.

SGT ROCK
04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
I am indeed a christian.....I never shove it down anyones throat, but being a christian is the FOUNDATION of my success. I will overcome this...with God in your corner, losing is never an option.

Semper Fi

Ryan Celli
05-01-2008, 06:24 AM
wow, man sorry to hear this. You WILL overcome this. I hope everything works out. Ryan

MillerTime1485
05-01-2008, 06:49 AM
I'm amazed how possitive you are, its a rare quality and I respect that. Hope everything works out for the best and make sure you dont hurt yourself anymore then you already have.

garjagan
05-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Good luck rehabing. It doesnt sound like these setbacks are going to keep you down for long.

SGT ROCK
05-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the support bros. I am taking the hand I was dealt and working with it the best I can. You simply cannot let anything keep you down. I was devestated to know that my injuries were that severe, but I am over it and concentrating instead on a plan to work around them. Thanks again.

Semper Fi

chris mason
05-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Geez Brent, I am sorry to hear about the injury... I can empathize with training around injuries. I hope all goes well.

Chris

SGT ROCK
05-02-2008, 06:41 AM
Trust me bro...its NOTHING...just a breeze passing by. I will carry on my plan as is, now I can focus on just the PULL without having to balance heavy squats...its a BLESSING.

Semper Fi