PDA

View Full Version : lifting belt

JSully
05-01-2008, 11:43 AM
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/americasnutrition_1996_19303304

So.. I've had this "FlexSport" lifting belt for about 3 years now.. I haven't worn it since I used to lift heavy back in 2006 and I'm starting to lift heavy again. I'm pretty sure it's leather, not completely sure. I kept it in my truck for a LONG time as I never thought about bringing it inside. I live in phoenix arizona so it can get pretty hot inside the truck.. So I grab the belt last night and take it into the gym for a decently heavy deadlifting session.. and now it doesn't fit. I've gained weight, but ****, I didn't gain that much fat. At my BIGGEST I could still fit it on the second notch, now I'm like 3 inches off of the first notch. Like I said, I got fatter, but I did'nt get THAT much fatter and alot of that fat has come back off...

My question is.. can these things shrink or am I really just that fat now? I think it shrank because I can fit my other belt at like 1 notch off where I used to be.. lol

Lones Green
05-01-2008, 11:45 AM
the elements can make them shrink, yes. have you gained weight since you last had it on?

ZenMonkey
05-01-2008, 11:46 AM
i don't know but its gotta get to at least 130 in a car in the sun in the summer.

Mik
05-01-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't know but I wouldn't think the heat would shrink it.

Must be the whoppers! ;O

JSully
05-01-2008, 12:02 PM
it very well could be the whoppers.. and I can accept that I need to drop more weight.. lol..

I'm thinking it shrunk because it gets at least 130 in my truck in the summer, maybe hotter.

and yes I did gain weight, but I've dropped back down to where I was wearing it at my fastest previously.. I find it odd that I can fit my other belt only 1 notch higher but I'm so far off on this one. lol. AND my other belt wasn't left in the truck for months on end.

Mik
05-01-2008, 12:11 PM
I was just being a smart a$$ about the whoppers but wouldn't it shrink if it was extremely cold not hot? I dunno. If you can fit into your other belt however it must've shrunk.

Lones Green
05-01-2008, 01:35 PM
have you ever jumped in a pool with a belt on? (not just a belt, but pants and a belt :clown: )

moral is it will fit differently.

try that new chicken sandwich with bacon and bbq sauce from burger king. its awesome.

Notorious
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I was just being a smart a$$ about the whoppers but wouldn't it shrink if it was extremely cold not hot? I dunno. If you can fit into your other belt however it must've shrunk.

It would shrink if it was really hot (think shrinking clothes in the laundry/dryer).

ZenMonkey
05-01-2008, 03:58 PM
It would shrink if it was really hot (think shrinking clothes in the laundry/dryer).

that's fine but in the dryer they begin wet. if the op said that he soaked his belt and then put it in a hot car then the analogy would work.

Mik
05-02-2008, 07:45 AM
that's fine but in the dryer they begin wet. if the op said that he soaked his belt and then put it in a hot car then the analogy would work.

That's what I was thinking.

medsavailable
05-02-2008, 08:06 AM
hmmm, I just do some sit-ups and some free weights to get my target body shape.

Mik
05-02-2008, 08:10 AM

OMG Jake there is your answer. It's been right in front of you all along! How did you not see this!!!!!

ZenMonkey
05-02-2008, 08:16 AM

that is what i did last time my weight belt shrunk.

JSully
05-02-2008, 05:02 PM
OMG Jake there is your answer. It's been right in front of you all along! How did you not see this!!!!!he's right.. sit-ups and free weights, damn I should have thought of that..

that is what i did last time my weight belt shrunk.lmao

REALLY? did you REALLY just write that? I'm 255lbs.. sit ups and "some" free weights will not get me to my target body shape, ALOT of situps, extreme dieting, and alot of free weights will get me there.. and your suggestion won't help keep my back tight on a 400+ squat either.. :rolleyes: