PDA

View Full Version : Enough time for shirt?

Big LaP
05-02-2008, 09:30 AM
I recently just purchessed a new bench shirt. I Have been using the Inzer rage now for 2 years and have done really well. But at my last meet people told me to try a Inzer rage x it would make a world of difference. The question is my next competition is in 8 weeks. Is that enough time to really break it in and use it or stick with the old one till after that competition?

ACaslow
05-02-2008, 09:41 AM
you have plenty of time.... Be smart with your training, set it up right and know priorities versus necessities.

Some guys think immediately once they get a new shirt big and bigger weights is a must.

stick with your same weights and learn to use the shirt and its groove. As you learn the groove and how the shirt works with you, you find out were your lacking in strengths and you can target those to increase the carryover from the shirt.

Use the initial 2 weeks to break the shirt in with boards, wet the seams so to not pop them by overly stretching them while dry. Wetting them allows more flex, so wet the seams very good for the first three or four weeks even. Work down the boards then up the boards. every week going down a board with each weight as last week.

You have more time than needed and don't be afraid to use your shirt weekly. We use our shirts year round'. I've had a shirt on every week since December of last year. If your smart and careful you can keep healthy doing it.

lackie
05-02-2008, 12:17 PM
tons of time