PDA

View Full Version : Just getting it back

Staad
05-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I was feeling extremely tired for awhile and not seeing any gains in the gym. I decided to get my T checked and it was down to 9. The average range, without supplements, is 500-1200. Because my levels were so low, I gained about 80 pounds over the last 5 years. I now on medication, which is leaving my T at about 480 the beginning of the week and 300 by the end. I am doing moderate cardio and lifting three days a week. I'm trying to figure out the best diet to use in order to help put on muscle but lose fat at a faster rate as well. Currently, I'm pretty much doing just protein, but I don't know how much I should be taking in. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Progress
05-03-2008, 12:37 PM
How much do you weigh now and how tall are you?

It's not an easy thing to put on muscle and lose fat at the same time, but it is possible.

Don't limit yourself to protein. Eat carbs and fat as well.

Dave Schwab
05-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Sounds like you should look into a carb cycling diet, which basically splits your days per week into low carb, moderate carb, and high carb days. This should give you body the energy needed to lift hard and add muscle, while depleting your body of the excess carbs to allow it to use stored fat for energy.

Progress
05-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Somebody's been reading UD2.

Staad
05-04-2008, 12:10 AM
I currently weigh 260 and am 5' 11", so it's quite obvious I need to lose fat. I'm working on building up my cardio workouts and I'm working with a friend/personal trainer for a lifting program. All I need is to figure out what is the best combo of foods to eat. If I'm exercising, when my T levels are normal, I put on muscle pretty easy. However, I also gain fat extremely easily. For example, if I allow myself one cheat day, it will show on the scale. I need to boost my metabolism.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it.