PDA

View Full Version : question

TJM
05-03-2008, 01:24 PM
what do you think adds more assistance, straps or a suit (deadlifting)?

Rusty
05-03-2008, 01:29 PM
A suit. Although you're only as good as your weakest link. So if you can't hold onto the bar, a suit won't do much for you.

Straps (I'm assuming you're talking about wrist straps) are also not allowed in powerlifting meets.

TJM
05-03-2008, 01:30 PM
A suit. Although you're only as good as your weakest link. So if you can't hold onto the bar, a suit won't do much for you.

Straps (I'm assuming you're talking about wrist straps) are also not allowed in powerlifting meets.

yea, I was talking about for training

Lones Green
05-03-2008, 01:30 PM
thats a question with way too many variables to be answered generally. for a specific person i think it could be answered. try them and see. if you have a weak grip, straps could add more than a suit. even if you don't have a weak grip, straps can add more. a suit isn't going to give you that much on a lockout, so if you are weak off the floor a suit can really help you. are you wondering which will add more assistance for yourself, or in general? straps arent allowed in powerlifting, by the way. post more info.

TJM
05-03-2008, 01:37 PM
thats a question with way too many variables to be answered generally. for a specific person i think it could be answered. try them and see. if you have a weak grip, straps could add more than a suit. even if you don't have a weak grip, straps can add more. a suit isn't going to give you that much on a lockout, so if you are weak off the floor a suit can really help you. are you wondering which will add more assistance for yourself, or in general? straps arent allowed in powerlifting, by the way. post more info.
I did 500x10 yesterday w/ straps but Im not sure if I needed them and I was wondering if I had a suit w/ no straps if I would get a similar number.

Ben Moore
05-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Again, too many variables to really be able to answer that question. you could always try it the other way and see what happens.

Lones Green
05-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Again, too many variables to really be able to answer that question. you could always try it the other way and see what happens.

this is what i would do. drop the straps and see if you get the same number. if you drop the bar due to lack of grip strength, then its obvious your weak link is your grip. a suit isn't going to help you with grip.

Jonah
05-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Suit. Your grip will get stronger eventually.