PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Stayed here?

BostonBull
05-04-2008, 03:43 PM
http://www.thecoveatlantis.com/

If so what did you think? Pros and Cons? Thinking of going for 5 nights soon......

Indifference
05-04-2008, 05:00 PM
I dont know about *The Cove* part, but Ive been to the regular atlantis resort in the bahamas and the place was full of kickassery, except as soon as you get out of the resort "grounds" per se, theres a million locals trying to sell you anything and everythng. Kinda neat if your in the mood to barter.

BostonBull
05-04-2008, 05:08 PM
What kind of budget should I set aside for 5 days? I have heard that everything is SUPER expensive, $9 hotdogs, $20 drinks, $10 beers, $50 steaks!!

I was hoping to bring $2500 with me as enough?

HahnB
05-04-2008, 05:38 PM
What kind of budget should I set aside for 5 days?

That would depend on what you want to do. If you plan on being drunk 5 nights in a row it's gonna cost more than having some wine at dinner. You aren't taking all cash, are you?

BostonBull
05-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Never take all cash anywhere!

I want to eat at Nobu, and Mesa for sure. Have some drinks by the pool, gamble, hit a club or two. etc etc. Basically do what I want. I spent 3K in 7 nights in Aruba on my honeymoon eating out all the time and gambling like crazy. Bahamas seems WAY more expensive?

HahnB
05-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Never take all cash anywhere!

I want to eat at Nobu, and Mesa for sure. Have some drinks by the pool, gamble, hit a club or two. etc etc. Basically do what I want. I spent 3K in 7 nights in Aruba on my honeymoon eating out all the time and gambling like crazy. Bahamas seems WAY more expensive?

I've been to Freeport several times and Nassau-but I never gambled or ate out a lot because they were spring break trips. Gambling could eat up a lot of cash, unless you're planning to play with a set amount. I wouldn't worry about drinks being $20 a pop unless you're drinking very expensive alcohol. If you're taking a credit card you'll be fine.

BilltheButcher
05-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I thought Atlantis was all inclusive. If it isn't that blows, was planning on that being a winter getaway, guess that isn't happening. I like to walk around with a beer in one had and an ice cream cone in the other.

thoughtshewas18
05-05-2008, 12:00 AM
I like to walk around with a beer in one had and an ice cream cone in the other.

hahah

BostonBull
05-05-2008, 03:37 AM
Atlantis is not all inclusive. I looked at the menus, and mixed daquiris, and coladas are $18! Hotdogs are $9 and hamburgers are $25!! But I guess your paying for convience as well. Never have to leave the resort, and can walk to anything on Paradise Island.

Genacide
05-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Not sure if your looking for other options, but the Dominican Republic has some great All Inclusives at a good price. Not as cheap as Mexico, but well worth the money.

rdkraus
05-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I thought Atlantis was all inclusive. If it isn't that blows, was planning on that being a winter getaway, guess that isn't happening. I like to walk around with a beer in one had and an ice cream cone in the other.

When I went there was a food plan you could take that made the restaurants "all inclusive" (not drinks). Much cheaper than buying as you go. That was a few years ago.

We spent a great week there - memorable and expensive, but it was our
20th anniversary. Good toys too --> Jet skiis, parasailing, etc.

BG5150
05-05-2008, 11:55 AM
We stayed at Breezes and took a trip over to Atlantis. They wanted like $40 just to walk around on the grounds (and that's not even being able to do anything)!!