PDA

View Full Version : alright need to plan my protein intake...

frank
05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
meal 1
whole wheat bagel
1 cup water
2 cups milk
fruit
=32g protein

meal 2
chicken breast on whole wheat sandwich
1 cup water
=20g protein

meal 3 (pre workout)
1 can tuna
1 cup water
2 cups milk
fruit
=55g protein

meal 4 (post workout)
whole wheat pasta w/ gravy
2 cups water
=20g protein

meal 5
1 can tuna or chicken w/ rice
1 cup water
2 cups milk
fruit
=55g protein

totaling at about 182g of protein, am i eating enough carbs and fats or should i throw some more food in there

cphafner
05-04-2008, 08:50 PM
How many calories is that? Looks light. Why no protein pwo?

gregory1978
05-04-2008, 09:24 PM
It's hard to get enough protein every day without shakes. After awhile eating 7 times a day is a workout in itself.

frank
05-05-2008, 12:42 PM
How many calories is that? Looks light. Why no protein pwo?

i found that drinking alot of protein powder was raising my cholesterol which is one reason. the other reason is that i decided that i want to hit my goals without supplements.

AL_DA_GREAT
05-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Are you sure that there is only 20g of protein in the chicken breast sandwich? Also there are other fruits than banans. You should also eat salad/veggies.

thewicked
05-05-2008, 09:11 PM
well for his age adn his size..his diet looks solid as far as protien goes..but those cals look LOW just from reading it. Looks like a good CUTTING diet..but if you're trying to grow.. especially at what you weigh and your age..

EAT BOY! :D

eating all the time can at times be inconvenient..but after you've done it for awhile it becomes just another part of your day like lifting. You can always pack meal replacement powder like MAXIMUS from ALN in zip lock baggies and pour them into water bottles throughout the day to help it out. It's what I do when i'm on shift in the ER for clinicals or in school and can't carry a huge lunch tote around..

Slim Schaedle
05-06-2008, 12:08 AM
i found that drinking alot of protein powder was raising my cholesterol which is one reason.

??

How did you find this out?

frank
05-06-2008, 12:51 PM
??

How did you find this out?

when i got a blood test without taking it, my cholesterol was about 170. when i started taking it without any other diet changes it rose to about 181. since i stopped taking it im back down to 170, just got a blood check a few weeks ago.

frank
05-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Are you sure that there is only 20g of protein in the chicken breast sandwich? Also there are other fruits than banans. You should also eat salad/veggies.

yea its sliced chicken, i think there is more in the pasta tho. and yea if i dont have bananas i eat apples or pears.