View Full Version : What is this called?

05-05-2008, 01:25 PM
There was a small class of mma fighters at my gym that where doing this barbell exercise I've never seen / heard of. In the starting position the barbell rests on your shoulders (same as for squat) and your kneeling. You jump from your knees and end on your feet in a squatting position.

It looked hard but I've never seen anything like it.

05-05-2008, 03:46 PM
It was probably something specific they do to help with power off the ground so they can stand up when someone is on top of them.

05-06-2008, 05:27 PM
i've seen a video demo of that somewhere. i think it was over at t nation in the 'exercises you've never tried'.

05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
sounds like it might benefit sprawling speed and power.