PDA

View Full Version : Wrist Straps

MillerTime1485
05-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Anyone have any suggestions as to a good brand of wrist straps and material? I know they can be made with several different types of materials but no clue which ones are best. I'm not sure if my workout routine is relevant or not but in any case I need the straps for deadlifts.

Mik
05-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Have you tried using chalk on DLs instead?

I used to use straps but have worked on grip strength and noe only need chalk for max pulls.

MillerTime1485
05-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Honestly didn't even consider chalk, just didn't even cross my mind. Still it seems like one of those things that I need to experiment with myself and see which I like more if you know what I mean. That being said Iíll definitely try out the chalk but id still like some wrist straps.

WillNoble
05-06-2008, 09:55 AM
APT makes pretty much the best out there...Im really pleased with them

Reko
05-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Just about any of them will work just fine with grip aide if you use them right, comfort will be the only area they will differ.

I have the ones from APT. Somethin along the lines of these: http://www.prowriststraps.com/hard_core_weight_lifting_straps_by_apt and they are my favorite that I have used.

jtteg_x
05-06-2008, 10:57 AM
I've used Titan titanium, Titan THP, Metal Blacks, and APT's older ones (red/black design back in 2004).
out of the ones i used, the titanium and metal blacks are most comfortable. the THP's are much more stiff like a cast. my training partner uses the APT's convict pro's and loves them. only bad thing was his thumb loop snapped off after a month of use. i currently use the metal all black wrist wraps.

Mik
05-06-2008, 10:58 AM
I've used Titan titanium, Titan THP, Metal Blacks, and APT's older ones (red/black design back in 2004).
out of the ones i used, the titanium and metal blacks are most comfortable. the THP's are much more stiff like a cast. my training partner uses the APT's convict pro's and loves them. only bad thing was his thumb loop snapped off after a month of use. i currently use the metal all black wrist wraps.

jt I think he's after straps not wraps.

Travis Bell
05-06-2008, 11:55 AM
I used IronMind's wrist straps. Very high quality. Had them for several years and they never even began to wear out. If I hadn't lost one of them somewhere, I'd still have them haha

Jonah
05-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Been using Inzer for the last two years. Can't complain.

Travis Bell
05-06-2008, 01:29 PM
MillerTime, are you looking for straps or wraps?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Inzer sales straps
http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?product_id=LFT_STRAP

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALLL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

MillerTime1485
05-06-2008, 02:40 PM
I was looking for straps, and everyoneís been pretty helpful but itís clear to me now that everyone has their own opinion and the only way I'm going to know which I like more is if I experiment haha. None the less thanks everyone for your inputs.

jtteg_x
05-06-2008, 04:02 PM
jt I think he's after straps not wraps.

DOH!

i use APT's motivators. been using it for 2 years now and they kept up very well for 600lb rack pulls, chins, rows, and lat pull downs. extremely comfortable thanks to the inner cotton layer.

JSully
05-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I like Inzer's Hooks, really lets you focus on the backwork and takes alot of pressure off your forearms and hands...

I deadlift RAW, but that's just me. I prefer to utilize the deadlift to help with grip because I like having pretty strong forearms.. Chalk works great!

Jason Pegg
05-06-2008, 06:31 PM
DOH!

i use APT's motivators. been using it for 2 years now and they kept up very well for 600lb rack pulls, chins, rows, and lat pull downs. extremely comfortable thanks to the inner cotton layer.

Quoted for truth! My motivators have lasted a LOOOOONG time

Jason

Auburn
05-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I use Spud Inc. straps. Very high quality stuff. I've got a few of their products and all could take more abuse than I'll probably ever throw at them.

Ben Moore
05-06-2008, 07:11 PM
APT's - use the ones from the company that gives back to the lifter.

I've got the camo ones - cuz that's how I roll...