PDA

View Full Version : Weight of Maltodextrin and dextrose....

bigtooth
05-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi all, I recently bought some dextrose and matodextrin from my local brew store. I am at a bit of a loss how much of each to take because I am unsure of the weight to volume relationship. I don't have a food scale so I was hoping someone knew this or could measure it for me. I would like to know how much 1 tablespoon of dextrose and how much 1 tablespoon of maltodextrin weigh in grams.

Thanks!

Slim Schaedle
05-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi all, I recently bought some dextrose and matodextrin from my local brew store. I am at a bit of a loss how much of each to take because I am unsure of the weight to volume relationship. I don't have a food scale so I was hoping someone knew this or could measure it for me. I would like to know how much 1 tablespoon of dextrose and how much 1 tablespoon of maltodextrin weigh in grams.

Thanks!

1 tablesoon of either is roughly 9 grams

BFGUITAR
05-06-2008, 02:41 PM
From the calculations I did, one nitrean scoop is equal to about 30 grams.

Slim Schaedle
05-06-2008, 02:53 PM
From the calculations I did, one nitrean scoop is equal to about 30 grams.

A typical protein scoop (containing protein powder) is 30 grams.

Both maltodextrin and dextrose are more dense than that. (depends on what you have, I suppose)

A protein scoop of my malto is 40 grams, with a scoop on dextrose being 50 grams.

Progress
05-06-2008, 04:42 PM
A food scale that calculates, inter alia, in grams is almost requisite if you're dieting, or at least that's what I've learned.

Notorious
05-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Wow...I've been using the wrong numbers for a while... oops.

bigtooth
05-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Yeah, I plan on getting a scale, I have just been estimating so far...

I was guessing around 10g a Tbs, so thanks for confirming this. I mixed the two together in equal amounts, so I guess will continue using this number.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!