PDA

View Full Version : Injuries...share Em!

SGT ROCK
05-07-2008, 02:44 AM
Ok bros..lets face the facts...INJURIES SUCK....ARE YOU WITH ME?!

Sometimes I try and lighten up the fact that I have accumulated some very serious injuries over my career...so lets have some fun...and everyone list them here! Lets swap notes, maybe we can help each other with rehab and surgery advice as well? Also...this thread will MOTIVATE many as you will always find someone with the same injury, that rehabbed it right and came back better than ever!

CURRENT INJURIES:

MRI RESULTS CAME BACK, GRADE 3 (GRADE 4 IS TOTAL RUPTURE) OF THE RECTUS FEMORIS (QUAD) RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE THIGH

SEVERLY TORN QUAD AT ITS INSERTION AT THE HIP

TORN PATELLA TENDON

Previous:

TORE RIGHT PECTORALIS MAJOR MUSCLE COMPLETELY IN HALF, SUCH A VIOLENT TEAR THAT MY RIGHT BICEP PARTIALLY TORE AS WELL, HAD IT SURGICALLY REPAIRED WITH MINIMAL RESULTS...BPM OSGOOD WAS PRESENT FOR BOTH PEC TEARS...YOU CAN ASK HIM HOW SICKENING IT SOUNDS...DID THIS TEAR IN APRIL, HAD SURGERY A WEEK LATER, WAS IN A SLING FOR FOUR WEEKS, THEN PULLED 705 IN JUNE..DOC SAID I WOULDNT PULL HEAVY FOR SEVERAL MONTHS.

TORN LEFT PEC TENDON...AFTER THIS ONE DOC SAID IT WOULD BE UNLIKELY I WOULD DL AGAIN HEAVY FOR A VERY LONG TIME.....GO FIGURE

TORN LEFT ROTATOR CUFF

TORN LABRUM RIGHT SHOULDER

3 SEVERELY TORN LEFT HAMSTRING TEARS, DID TWO OF THEM ON THE GHR...I GAVE UP ON THESE

3 SEVERELY TORN RIGHT HAMSTRING TEARS AS WELL..BALANCE LOL!

Wow....way too many other injuries to list here bros...bottom line..ART WORKS...so does a good CHIRO and good ORTHO!

Im still training the DL with GREAT RESULTS...no more heavy squatting or benching, but I am happy and physique wise I am carrying as much muscle as ever. Don't let injuries RUIN you! Rehab SMART and DONT RUSH IT....

Semper Fi

BigRic
05-07-2008, 02:53 AM
Ok bros..lets face the facts...INJURIES SUCK....ARE YOU WITH ME?!

Sometimes I try and lighten up the fact that I have accumulated some very serious injuries over my career...so lets have some fun...and everyone list them here! Lets swap notes, maybe we can help each other with rehab and surgery advice as well? Also...this thread will MOTIVATE many as you will always find someone with the same injury, that rehabbed it right and came back better than ever!

CURRENT INJURIES:

MRI RESULTS CAME BACK, GRADE 3 (GRADE 4 IS TOTAL RUPTURE) OF THE RECTUS FEMORIS (QUAD) RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE THIGH

SEVERLY TORN QUAD AT ITS INSERTION AT THE HIP

TORN PATELLA TENDON

Previous:

TORE RIGHT PECTORALIS MAJOR MUSCLE COMPLETELY IN HALF, SUCH A VIOLENT TEAR THAT MY RIGHT BICEP PARTIALLY TORE AS WELL, HAD IT SURGICALLY REPAIRED WITH MINIMAL RESULTS...BPM OSGOOD WAS PRESENT FOR BOTH PEC TEARS...YOU CAN ASK HIM HOW SICKENING IT SOUNDS...DID THIS TEAR IN APRIL, HAD SURGERY A WEEK LATER, WAS IN A SLING FOR FOUR WEEKS, THEN PULLED 705 IN JUNE..DOC SAID I WOULDNT PULL HEAVY FOR SEVERAL MONTHS.

TORN LEFT PEC TENDON...AFTER THIS ONE DOC SAID IT WOULD BE UNLIKELY I WOULD DL AGAIN HEAVY FOR A VERY LONG TIME.....GO FIGURE

TORN LEFT ROTATOR CUFF

TORN LABRUM RIGHT SHOULDER

3 SEVERELY TORN LEFT HAMSTRING TEARS, DID TWO OF THEM ON THE GHR...I GAVE UP ON THESE

3 SEVERELY TORN RIGHT HAMSTRING TEARS AS WELL..BALANCE LOL!

Wow....way too many other injuries to list here bros...bottom line..ART WORKS...so does a good CHIRO and good ORTHO!

Im still training the DL with GREAT RESULTS...no more heavy squatting or benching, but I am happy and physique wise I am carrying as much muscle as ever. Don't let injuries RUIN you! Rehab SMART and DONT RUSH IT....

Semper Fi
I give you props after all that I'd probably give up heavy lifting and find another activity that I enjoyed and train that instead.
Edit: my injuries, Broken 5th metacarpal, broken 2nd metacarpal, myositis osifican in my left leg, navicular avulsion, ac joint contusion.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
05-07-2008, 05:50 AM
I have been competing since 1994. I only had one injury that happened about 5 years ago. I strained my tricep tendon. I went to a sports medicine doctor and got a MRI. He gave me some strong prescription NSAID. I was 100% in 4 weeks.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

Chubrock
05-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Partially Torn RCs
Bulge in L4/L5
Tore majority of muscles in lowerback that led to above bulge

Lewy23
05-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Tore my ACL back in '02 and I put the "Stone Cold Steve Austin" brace and pitched on it my senior yr in college!

Lewy

Ben Moore
05-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Torn calf last year, partially torn bicep the year before that. Minor strains and pulls all the time. It pays to have a chiro friend with access to alot of rehab equipement!

Guido
05-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Tear in right glute near attachment to dorsal illiac crest.

Strained bicep.

Broken right wrist (not due to lifting but it affects me).

Groin pull.

Slight tweaks in lower back at least 3-4 times.

That's about it but I've only been lifting seriously for 3 1/2 years.

WillNoble
05-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Over my lifting and college football career Ive had quite a few:

Torn MCL (left)

Torn Meniscus (left)

Ubilical Hernia

4.5" tear to abdominal muscles resulting from umbilical hernia

Hyperextended Knee (Right)

2 Concussions

Broken all my fingers and toes at least once

Nerve Damage in right arm resulting from a bad thumb break

probably a half-dozen or more sprained ankles

partially torn pec (left)

Bulged Discs (L2 & L3)

4 broken Ribs

and muscle strains and pulls of many different varietes all over

vdizenzo
05-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Ruptured bicep
Partially torn bicep
Two partially torn triceps
Two ruptured discs in my back
Hernia
Patella tendinosis
I have had cortisone to both wrists and shoulders for God only knows what

PriestCometh
05-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Hairline Fracture(Radius). Still having problems with it. For close to a year now. Havent taken enough time off.

that is the only one i have had. Except for a few slight pulls.
Knock on wood.

Detard
05-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Broken L3 vertebrae resulting in slippage of the L2 and L4. Rehab: 10 months physio, no activity

Torn left RC. Rehab: 3 months physio, light weights

Broken right wrist resulting in ligament damage of my pointer finger and middle finger. Rehab: on going (7 months so far).

Pinched nerve in neck. Rehab: 3 weeks, no activity.

Severe bruise right above the patella resulting in limited movement for about a week.

Bob
05-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Competition training less then 2 years... I've torn both Distal tendons (biceps at the elbows), lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow), and I've lost 2 toe nails from a log being dropped on them, and one finger nail from a partner who swung a 45lb plate at me... lol

At this rate I should be crippled by 50...

Travis Bell
05-07-2008, 03:48 PM
good grief! Lotta pain in here!!

Rock, I think you would have a shorter list if you put what you haven't injured!! lol

I tore a pec in highschool. Until I found ETS it always gave me a little grief in my shoulder

I always seem to be icing something, forearms, elbows. Stress fractured my right leg as well in highschool.

Other than that, 90% of the time I'm pain free

thewicked
05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
let's see... strained my right rotator at my first go around with 500lbs on the bench..

partial tear in my right bicep after doing under handed bent over barbell rows with a WARMUP set of all things..

severe tendonitis in my right elbow..

let's start pickingon the left side for awhile ... I MEAN DAMN!

haha ROCK..man you've been through hell and back! GOOD LORD!

welcome to the pain ladies and gentlemen!

problem with everything has been not training smart..and over training when i had signs of poor recovery... ever since I started taking results and ets from atlarge nutrition.... i've had NONE of those problems even after moving ridiculous numbers day after day!

now if i can just catch travis's raw bench at 250 I'll be feeling pretty good HAHA!

RhodeHouse
05-07-2008, 04:30 PM
3 sprains of left MCL (football)
1 hyperextension of left knee (football)
3 left shoulder seperations (football, basketball)
1 right shoulder seperation (football)
1 umbilical hernia
2 herniated discs - C6-7 (football)
1 hyperextension of right elbow (football)
Very slight tear of right biceps (deadlifting)
Slight tear of left hamstring (football)
Nerve damage in neck/shoulder on left side (football)
Horrible tendonitis in both elbows (lifting)
Sciatic Nerve Issues (football, lifting)
Detatched lens in left eye (driving)
StrainTendonitis in left soaz (groin) (lifting)
Multiple concussions (football)
Vaginitis

Jonah
05-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Broken wrist (skateboarding)
Shattered ulnar and radius (lifting)

Jason Pegg
05-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Broken Legs (both at different times)
Broken Arms (Same)
Sprained MCL both knees (football)
Broken Ankle (football)
Concussions (Patachuting)
Severed left arm (nearly) from roadside bomb (Army)
Multiple minor sprains, strains, tweaks and aches, nothing really notable

Jason

bigbadwolfe
05-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Wolfy is knocking on Wood :)

littleman19
05-07-2008, 07:51 PM
From Lifting:
2 bulging discs
1 fractured disc
spondylosis (unnatural gap inbetween two discs) which my hamstring nerves poked out and were pinched shooting pain down my legs every time I bet my back
minor scoliousis

Football:
2 or 3 broken fingers (one of which is still broken because it didn't heal properly)
broken hand
broken growth plate in wrist

Hazerboy
05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
God damn. I guess I'll put my meager list up here...

Broken left leg - sledding.
Broken left wrist - soccer
Left wrist brake again (dif place) - wrestling
Dislocated knee - wrestling
Concussion - wrestling
Sprained all fingers on right hand - wrestling

NO INJURIES YET FROM LIFTING! Been lifting since freshman year of high school. Do you think most of the powerlifting injuries are due to overtraining, bad luck/genetics, or just being stupid?

Leeman
05-07-2008, 08:53 PM
tore hip abductor

strained lower back

strained upper back like 100 times

very minor pec tear (never went to the doctor but felt it tear and couldnt bench without pain for a long time)

chris mason
05-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Man, I too have a laundry list. I will have to post it later.

Runty
05-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Quite the manly thread.

Past:
Tripod Comaxillary fracture (cheekbone broke away from jaw and eyesocket)
Fractured mandible
Broken Clavicle
Broken Thumb
Broke front tooth, twice
Rolled ankle every 5 months since I was like 14
Stubbed toe

Current:
Right RC impingment
Strained ankle
Tweaked back (nothing serious yet, I hope)

SGT ROCK
05-07-2008, 11:47 PM
LOL THIS IS A MANLY THREAD!

Thanks to all that have posted thus far. As you can see......NO ONE on the list stated that they DID NOT come back...EVERYONE CAME BACK FROM THEIR INJURIES! I urge any of you that have a current injury to pm or post the question to those that have came back from the injury, you can learn ALOT!

In my particular case, I can tell you that ART, or ACTIVE RELEASE TECHNIQUE is ONE OF THE BEST REHAB procedures going brothers....trust me on that one. Keep the thread rolling brothers!

Semper Fi

Big_Byrd52
05-08-2008, 08:00 AM
I have had a few, the worst being a torn hymen, but nothing is more irratating than when i get sand in my clit.

thewicked
05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
I have had a few, the worst being a torn hymen, but nothing is more irratating than when i get sand in my clit.

lmao.. did you have a bad workout the other day sam? vaginitis flare up?

and i thought we were listing gym injuries... now just life's little **** ups! HAHA oh i've got a list of those for sure!

chris mason
05-08-2008, 12:58 PM

Your deflowering sounds like it was rough...:moon:

bigbadwolfe
05-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Hell I thought it was Gym injuries, Hell I dont even know where to start. That list would be huge from Nasal Surgery from shoving a 1 inch screw up my nose at 3 yrs old all the way to complete reconstruction of my right ankle to and about a billion things in between.

The coolest being my right wrist, dove into a leaf pile at 6 yrs old ran my hand into tore open pop can. Well needless to say flesh and aluminum dont mix well. I lost tons of blood and and damn near bled out before they got me to the hospital. Now I got t his kick ass scar on my wrist and I tell people it was from my gone Mental days :)

razorcut
05-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Good thread.

Here's my list of the most serious (some lifting-related, some not):

Bilateral ACL tears
Left Rotator Cuff partial tear
L4/5 disc herniation
C5/6 disc herniation

Slim Schaedle
05-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Only thing I have ever had was part of my lower back severely tighten and constantly cramp up to the point where I could barely walk.

Although, I was deployed in the desert at the time, so laying off work or physical activity was absolutely no option.

It really quite sucked.