PDA

View Full Version : Pain in arm , maybe tendonitis , tennis elbow , WHO KNOWs???

viperc8
05-07-2008, 03:19 AM
Alright so i have been lifting heavy for a good time now and always try to slowly edge into the workout because i hear about how people injure themselves and what not.. I was doing perfectly fine till one day after i had done my biceps workout after the gym , i decided to arm wrestle someone. It was a tough match and I won but then i felt this sharp pain in the side of my arm. The lateral side of my right arm between the biceps and the triceps. And the next day it still hurt so I just use a heat pack on my arm. The following day i decided to hit the gym by lift with light weights.. The pain came back and it was a sharp numbing pain where i couldnt grip anything but this pain would go away as i would do the set but come back when im resting in between sets.. After that i havent gone to the gym and just been resting my right arm. And also seems i have developed an unrelated switch in random areas where my muscles just twitch for no apparent reason. I am guessing is because i was lifting a good deal before and now i have stopped for about 2 weeks. Any advice for any of the things mentioned in here or any comments would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot guys..

viperc8
05-07-2008, 10:15 AM
anyone??

razorcut
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
any "snapping" sensation in the arm? was the pain onset sudden or more gradual? any swelling or discoloration in the arm? describe if you can where the numbness is exactly.

viperc8
05-09-2008, 08:11 AM
there is no snapping or the pain is more onset sudden. There isnt any swelling or discoloration. And when the pain comes the numbness starts in my upper arm and if it gets worse the whole arm feels numb..

drwost
05-09-2008, 11:03 AM
sounds like a bad sprain of something. there may be some spasm and or swelling which is compressing the radial nerve which sits in that area which could account for the twitching, numbness and weakness
rest it, ice it and if it don't get better...see a doctor