PDA

View Full Version : Whole Foods Prepared Chicken

beachmuscles
05-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Just wanted the WBB approval...

I'd say atleast a few times a week when I'm on the road I'll have a 5-6 oz rosemary garlic chicken breast from Whole Foods (it's inside a glass counter).

Whole Foods is a organic over priced health place in my area, which I think are almost all over the US at this point.

The good thing about is they use quality chicken.

The ingredients are: Rosemary, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice.

The lady told me they bake the chicken, but the thing that I'm scared of is the "Olive Oil" obviously it's healthy fats, but is it significant to calorie counting, and is this an ok choice on a cut? I keep trying to figure out how much it could add to the chicken breast. It's only on the outside, not on in the inside...Is there anyway to guesstimate?

Would you guys keep these in a clean cutting diet? Trying to get down to 8-9% bf, so I'm wondering if these will hinder my goals. I was thinking its whatever my normal chicken breasts are +50 cal or so?! Or is that too much?

Haha some of your are probably thinking, how anal is this guy? But when you strive for perfection, every little aspect counts. If they are out of the question, I will just make sure to always make more chicken breasts mid week, but I've been using this as a substitute, since the lady usually under charges me, since I know her :hello:

Unreal
05-08-2008, 08:08 AM
They are fine. They probably just rub the outside with it. The olive oil isn't all through the meat. If it scares you, just don't eat the skin.

beachmuscles
05-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks, Unreal.

Does anyone else have any opinions on this?

StrongAsHell
05-25-2008, 02:31 PM
No need to worry about added cals from the olive oil. It is only used as a coating to protect the chicken while baking and also to help enhance the other flavors added.

I could not eat boiled chicken for long and thats where you are headed if you are worried about a teaspoon of oil and herbs. Good luck!

Max Thunder
05-25-2008, 04:45 PM
It makes the skin crispy and hold the spices in place. As it has been said, don't eat the skin if it scares you, althought I don't see the point of eating chicken without eating the skin, chicken breasts are already way too lean.