PDA

View Full Version : Split with cardio... any help with this?

Yaz
04-04-2001, 06:59 PM
Trying to figure out, how I can work cardio 3x in and keep a decent routine going on. Anyone got anything better?

First four week phase:

Day One - Chest/Triceps/Abs
Day Two - Back/Biceps/Grip
Day Three - Cardio/Abs
Day Four - Legs/Shoulders
Day Five - Cardio/Abs
Day Six - Cardio
Day Seven - Rest

Second four week phase:

Day One - Chest/Back
Day Two - Cardio/Abs
Day Three - Shoulders/Arms
Day Four - Cardio
Day Five - AM Cardio/Abs & PM Legs
Day Six - Rest
Day Seven - Rest

chris mason
04-04-2001, 08:24 PM
If you want to do that much cardio, that looks good to me. Why so much cardio?

Yaz
04-04-2001, 08:57 PM
I've got a small frame. Some muscle definition. All spots except for the lower abdominal and hip area, which is just slightly pudgy. I'm wanting to get rid of it before the summertime comes.

I had been reading ... some forum, about losing 1/3 a lb. of fat per day on the treadmill, providing you did 40-45 minutes cardiovascular work 3x per week... only counting after you attain a dripping sweat. I'd like to test this theory out. If it's true, it's ... great. We'll see. Though I am sure it depends on your caloric defecit as well. I am about 200 cal/day in defecit with my diet. My protein is up to 218g, and I am 150 lbs. Carbs have stayed up around 35%, and fats are 23% or so. So I did lower carbohydrates considerably from before. All my fat comes from EFA sources (Natural Peanut Butter, Flax).

And I will live and die by the rule, no carbs after 6pm. I've yet to ever test this one out. I want to see the results on that. I will be consuming about 52g of real food protein on my last meal, to last me the night.