PDA

View Full Version : Recipe of the day! Healthy! Italian Chicken and Veggies!

Celestial
03-21-2002, 12:24 AM
Italian Chicken and Vegetables
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (approx. 3 cups sliced)
2 Roma or plum tomatoes, diced
1 large carrot, julienne cut
1 small Italian zucchini, sliced
3 green onions, sliced

Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.

Add Italian salad dressing, Italian seasoning and water and heat over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes, carrot, zucchini and chicken breasts. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is done, about 10 minutes.

Remove chicken and vegetables and cook sauce over high heat until reduced, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and serve over chicken.

Makes 4 Servings
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast and 6 ounces vegetables

Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 334
Total fat: 3 grams
Saturated fat: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 137 mg
Sodium: 622 mg
Carbohydrate: 16 grams
Protein: 57 grams
Dietary fiber: 2 grams

EasyGino
03-21-2002, 06:37 AM
How is the protein so high? how many ounces of chicken is that? because i usually have around 3 pieces of 4-5oz boneless pieces of chicken, does that mean im getting 200G of protein from one meal?

Celestial
03-21-2002, 10:12 AM
I dont know, I get these from 24 hour fitness. SOrry I cant help:(

nejar462
03-21-2002, 05:08 PM
the chicken might be 8 oz each. But thats only 30 grams at most. Seriously, the recipes looks pretty good, just that the nutrition is exaggerated.

IceRgrrl
03-21-2002, 05:12 PM
That sounds really good, Celestial...I'm always on the lookout for new ways to cook chicken :)

TFXP-Zeke01
03-21-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by nejar462
the chicken might be 8 oz each. But thats only 30 grams at most. Seriously, the recipes looks pretty good, just that the nutrition is exaggerated.

8oz of chicken is 40gr of protein according to my calculations from the "Nutrition Facts" on the package.

Celestial, that dish sounds like THA BOMB!:D Thanks!;)

TFXP-Zeke01
03-21-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by EasyGino
How is the protein so high? how many ounces of chicken is that? because i usually have around 3 pieces of 4-5oz boneless pieces of chicken, does that mean im getting 200G of protein from one meal?

Maybe some of the protein is "veggie" protein. Meat isn't the only thing that contains protein. ;) Although, meat protein is the most desired...